So what are you BBQing this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to Mesquite smoke 3 racks of baby back ribs and a 9lb beef brisket. Then while those are resting in the cooler, I'll put some Atomic Buffalo Turds on the smoker ;) The Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is pretty good on the Jalapenos :)

What BBQ you?

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got some burgers, some chicken, and will be getting a couple racks this evening. Not sure what we'll be drinking yet, but believe it will be tasty beer. I feel like I should invest in a giant brisket now also...

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just looked this up to see if smokers were exempt and found this.

Fire danger increases significantly, Oklahoma government officials say
Share this Article: TwitterFacebookRepublishPrint
CapitolBeatOK Staff Report
Published: 16-Mar-2011
CapitolBeatOK Staff Report

Published 16-Mar-2011

Oklahoma Forestry Services (OFS) is alerting the public of the potential for large fires west of I-35 Wednesday afternoon (March 16) and Thursday (March 17).

In a release sent to CapitolBeatOK, George Geissler, state forester, said, “The conditions predicted for Thursday have the potential for extreme wildfire behavior. We are urging people not do any burning on Wednesday or Thursday. This would include open campfires, debris burning or any other outdoor activity that could spark a wildfire.”

In other news, at their regular weekly meeting this morning the Oklahoma County Board of County Commissioners voted unanimously to extend the outdoor burn ban in Oklahoma County until April 13. Outdoor burning has been prohibited in Oklahoma County since February 16.

The county burn ban makes it unlawful for any person to set fire to any forest, grass, range, crop or other wild lands, or to build a campfire or bonfire, or to burn trash or other material that may cause a forest, grass, range, crop, or other wild land fire. It does not prohibit use of charcoal, gas, or other approved outdoor cooking appliances.

Enforcement of the burn ban may be carried out by any law enforcement officer of this State. Any person convicted of violating this resolution shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be subject to a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), to imprisonment for not more than one (1) year, or to both.

Weather forecasts call for 20-30 mph sustained winds on Wednesday afternoon in advance of a dry line that will move across the state Thursday, bringing higher temperatures, low humidity and gusty winds.

In advance of the weather event, OFS is coordinating state and federal wildland fire resources for response if necessary, as well as communicating with Oklahoma Emergency Management and fire departments across the state about the predicted high fire danger. OFS Wildland Task Forces and firefighting personnel are also prepared for mobilization.

For the latest Oklahoma “Daily Wildfire Situation Report” visit www.forestry.ok.gov and click the link on the homepage. The report contains information about recent fire activity, predicted fire weather and a link for current burn bans.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... a brisket sounds really good. I've never done one before, but I got a smoker box a couple months ago and haven't hooked it up to my grill yet. Maybe it's time... I need some recipes. There used to be a BBQ recipe thread here, didn't there? Or maybe I'll look online and see if there's a page out there that'll give me a soup-to-nuts walkthrough from scratch on how to smoke a nice brisket. :D

Mmmmm.... droolin' now!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to grill a few Venison backstraps with a lamb recipe. I'll run the sprinkler in the back yard for a while before hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom