So what are you cooking for the Super Bowl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up doing chips with queso and guacamole as a starter, followed by a couple of fatties--one BBQ bacon explosion, one Italian (Italian sausage, provolone, salami, and pepperoni).

They were well-received by all.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds tasty! I'm in salt shock from dipping our wonton in soy sauce. Need to use the low sodium stuff next time. Its like a drug, you can't quit.
Dont do it, the low sodium soy sauce tastes like shitt to me. Some things just have to be full flavor and maybe try to used less of, even tho soy sauce like hot sauce is hard to do. For me anyways.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My seasoned pork butt is still sitting in the fridge. I have been called out 8 times since Friday night. Uncle Sam is going to love my 24 hours of OT I pulled instead of smoking. The weather was perfect but I was at work or asleep. Now I drove home in a snowstorm this morning thinking I would smoke today...not. May be crockpot to the half-ass rescue.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a couple of racks of ribs. First rack was a simple dry rub as usual. Second I coated with a wet rub of sriracha, garlic and cayenne. After about 3 hours on the smoker, I pulled 'em and wrapped 'em. The dry rub got nothing but some onion on top. The wet one I put on a thick coat of sriracha, cayenne and agave nectar. I was going for a sweet and spicy Thai flavor. I've done this a couple of times trying to get it right and usually end up with too much sweet, so I keep altering the rub/technique slightly 'till I get it right.

I left 'em wrapped for just about 30-35 minutes. The regular dry rub ribs came out delectable. The spicy ones came out spicy with the slightest hint of sweet - didn't really capture my Asian theme, I'm gonna have to try it again with a little more agave, maybe a touch less cayenne. They were very good, though, just not quite what I've been trying to capture.

I think the wrapping for 30-40 minutes is going to be my max. Last time I tried it for something over an hour and they were literally just falling apart - which made them tough to handle, tough to eat. This was almost perfect in terms of texture. :D

I only watched about the first quarter of the game, though. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom