so, why is it so difficult to find good BBQ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great name for a builder, but worst name for a BBQ place ever. My shop is less than a mile away and we won't go there regardless of how great the food may be.

Mine too! Let me know where you work or pm me if you want to say it on the board. Maybe we can grab a sandwich there. :).

J/k on the sandwich part.

J

Jckellison

Roy's BBQ in Chickasha is awesome. So is the Smokie Pokie on I-35 at the Stillwater exit.

But the best in Oklahoma is a little joint in Ponca City called Dougan's. If you make the drive, bring a cooler to take enough home to last a while.

If you're willing to take a drive, the best in the world is at the very last Underwoods BBQ down in the heart of Texas.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woody's BBQ on Hwy 33 between Guthrie and Langston has the best BBQ I have had in Oklahoma. If you go you need to get the baked patato. Why the patato you ask? They smoke them in the smoker. They are only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 5p.m. to 9p.m.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am not in love with most BBQ in Tulsa but Rebadale's BBQ up in North Tulsa is good with an amazing BBQ baked potato. The owner made me try it one day and it's all I get when I go back and it's worth the drive. The three meat probably has a pound of meat on it and is like BBQ desert. Two thumbs up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good BBQ is objective. My wife and I did the BBQ circuit for a couple of years on weekends. Using the same recipe, with some variations for regional tastes, one could place from first to almost last depending on the taste of the judges. The judges, like those going to BBQ restaurants have different opinions about what is good BBQ.
Some like the St Louis style, KC style or the Southwest style. I was a judge at a couple of them, and had one lady that was a local celeb., declare at our table that she didn't eat pork, and gave zero's to each plate that came by her. There were 5 tables of judges, so our table screwed several people.

Some like lots of smoke flavoring, and some like less.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to agree with some who have posted here. Everyone has a different taste. If you can find a place that has your taste, keep going back, if not, either keep searching or do it yourself. We decided to give up and just smoke our own and brew our own sauce. Each batch of brisket, ribs, or chicken is a little different, but it stays within the realm of what we like.

If you want it done right, just do it yourself, and have fun doing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom