Corrupt Sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Osage County. Read the book Killers of the Flower Moon to see how law enforcement can be not on the side of the law. Don't watch the movie to make a conclusion. It's Hollywood and sucks.
I grew up in the county listening to the old men on the big ranches tell stories, mostly after having some hootch. Real? I don't know.
Read the book, "An Innocent Man" and see how the DA in Shawnee sent two innocent men to death row.
Even after they were released, the DA remained in office and continued to try and put them back on death row to preserve his reputation.
I thought it was in Ada.
I remember there were two books written about that case.
Very sobering to read about.

ETA, the film Killers of the Flower Moon was so long that you can almost read the book in the time it takes to watch the movie.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was in Ada.
I remember there were two books written about that case.
Very sobering to read about.

ETA, the film Killers of the Flower Moon was so long that you can almost read the book in the time it takes to watch the movie.
It was Ada and John Grisham wrote a book about it. There’s also a documentary on Netflix about it called The Innocent Man with Grisham.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My very good friend is from Idabel. He knows first hand how corrupt it is in that county. The mayor of Idabel used to be a coke dealer. My friends mom worked for him and got busted and went to prison when he was in high school. But she didn’t snitch on him. I won’t say anymore about it.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did , worked with 3 different departments. Two were rotten and one was not. depends on the top people. Lot of good officers and some not so good. A lot of counties do not pay enough to get and keep good leaders.
So no different than the DOD it sounds. Power and retirement is a heck of an influencer

Latest posts

Top Bottom