Something that should be taught in every school in America...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I traveled all the time, there were many places you couldn’t do this. You gave away your game planif you signaled.
Yes sir, I used to travel a lot for work and quickly found that out. Houston was the worst. Any time someone asked which cities were the worst to drive in, Id'd let them know Houston wasn't bad once you learned that turn signals were a sign of weakness.

Los Angeles was wretched all the way around though. I drove 25 hours straight through to get back home after a month there. I couldnt get far enough away fast enough.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was running around the country to amusement parks driving a Dodge Caravan I discovered it didn't matter how fast you were driving a mini van people couldn't stand being behind one. I drove really fast usually 15 to 20 above the speed limit, radar detector and CB radio kept me mostly out of trouble with Smokey.

It was funny, I would be in the left lane have a car come up on me from behind, I would pull over into the right lane so he could pass and just about the time he got in front of me I would see his brake lights and I would end up passing him on the right. I figured out that was when he finally realized how fast we were going.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the point ,give away your game plan.
Yes sir, I used to travel a lot for work and quickly found that out. Houston was the worst. Any time someone asked which cities were the worst to drive in, Id'd let them know Houston wasn't bad once you learned that turn signals were a sign of weakness.

Los Angeles was wretched all the way around though. I drove 25 hours straight through to get back home after a month there. I couldnt get far enough away fast enough.
@Profreedomokie Have you driven in LA, DC, SF, etc? If not, you won’t understand.

@wawazat only good thing about la is it’s almost impossible to get in a serious wreck in rush hour. Traffic doesn’t move. Drove from northern San Diego to southern LA suburbs in rush hour, only 45 miles, took 3 hours. I’d been faster on my bicycle. I understood why people make that very short commuter flight.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Profreedomokie Have you driven in LA, DC, SF, etc? If not, you won’t understand.

@wawazat only good thing about la is it’s almost impossible to get in a serious wreck in rush hour. Traffic doesn’t move. Drove from northern San Diego to southern LA suburbs in rush hour, only 45 miles, took 3 hours. I’d been faster on my bicycle. I understood why people make that very short commuter flight.
I was in LA one time, and somebody made a joke about how bad the drivers were in LA. The guy who lived there that we were with, with a perfectly straight face said, "There ARE NO bad drivers in LA." We all kind of looked at him, dumbfounded, and he continued.... "The bad ones get killed off young." :pms2:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've been driving for 51 years and I've driven in most major cities in at least 35 states . You have no idea what I understand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom