Sooo..... How does everyone feel about this statement???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is NO reason for any branch of law enforcement to storm my home at any time. Noone in my household has done anything wrong, no one is wanted, no one has warrants, no one is doing anything illegal, we pay our taxes, etc..etc..etc... so therefore i have all reason to be SURE that anyone breaching my home is doing so illegally and there to do harm to my family and/or myself.

If law enforcement should ever need to talk to me, send me a letter or knock on the door. I'm a nice guy : )

If you kick my door in and enter my home, I hope you worked everything out with God first.

This ^^

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is NO reason for any branch of law enforcement to storm my home at any time. Noone in my household has done anything wrong, no one is wanted, no one has warrants, no one is doing anything illegal, we pay our taxes, etc..etc..etc... so therefore i have all reason to be SURE that anyone breaching my home is doing so illegally and there to do harm to my family and/or myself.

I haven't looked into the issue, but I've read of incidents where the police sent SWAT teams into residences based on incorrect intelligence that the house was being used for illegal activities. What would be the legal issues involved if the police were to storm the wrong house, and officers are shot and even killed by the armed homeowner? Or if a resident is shot and killed by the police in the ensuing firefight? Is the police dept. liable even if they shouted "Police!" as they entered, or the homeowner for not cooperating - or neither or both?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

If law enforcement should ever need to talk to me, send me a letter or knock on the door. I'm a nice guy : )

If you kick my door in and enter my home, I hope you worked everything out with God first.

Do you own firearms?

Soon enough, that will be reason enough for them to kick in your door and drag you away.

Or just leave you lying with holes in your body and your family crying.

Sucks...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if it's the real police?

I've often wondered this myself, I thought I read somewhere that police department served a high risk warrant in the middle of the night at the wrong address and the resident was made DRT when he fired on what he thought were armed intruders.

Hope they packed a sack lunch because it's gonna be a long night.

I don't live too far from that area.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Same for me. I'm not saying that those who happen to engage in illegal activities that might draw a LE response to their home don't deserve to be secure in their persons and effects, because they do. What they don't have is the surety that someone entering their home by force is doing so in violation their constitutional rights. It MAY be a lawful entry based on a supportable search warrant.

If LE mistakenly targets my house for a dynamic entry warrant service (performed covertly), it's going to be an ugly event. If they mistakenly believed they had a legitimate reason to perform warrant service at my residence, I would hope their intel to be good enough to recognize the significant dangers inherent in that situation and work smarter, not harder.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if it's the real police?

Then most likely, perforations will ensue.

The best you could hope for is that your efforts to repel the invaders are effective enough to force a withdrawl, then negotiate a peaceful surrender. That way the mistakes can be sorted out over a negotiation table, rather than a morgue table. :(

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that if you shoot a police officer that kicked in your door based on bad Intel, you'll be accidentally shot in the back of the head if you try to surrender.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then most likely, perforations will ensue.

The best you could hope for is that your efforts to repel the invaders are effective enough to force a withdrawl, then negotiate a peaceful surrender. That way the mistakes can be sorted out over a negotiation table, rather than a morgue table. :(

Let's hope that the good ole LEO agencies in Oklahoma don't place us in a situation where case law is made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom