Sportsman Acres LEO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kids aren't running and playing on highway 69a immediately next to a massive industrial park.

Nice try though Rick.

I have never been there and never claimed to, but from Google maps sat view it looks like mostly houses.

What I do find interesting is the same people whining about speeding tickets and only getting to drive 3 over the limit, are a lot of the same people that talk so much about personal responsibility. Like I said, drive the limit and you have no problem. If you feel the limit is wrong, file a complaint.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you feel the limit is wrong, file a complaint.

We as a people (not me personally) have. Hence the original post in this thread :D The town is a joke, as people who have been there first hand (myself included) have seen. There are houses there, but the traffic enforcement is pretty much exclusively done on the state highway that grazes the northern edge of the town. That's what we're commiserating about, and precisely what the complaint is about.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We as a people (not me personally) have. Hence the original post in this thread :D The town is a joke, as people who have been there first hand (myself included) have seen. There are houses there, but the traffic enforcement is pretty much exclusively done on the state highway that grazes the northern edge of the town. That's what we're commiserating about, and precisely what the complaint is about.

If a complaint has been filed about the speed limits being wrong then the correct thing has been done. I am sure the people that live there do not think it is a joke and probably would not be laughing if one of their kids is killed by someone speeding.

Now maybe you guys will stop whining that you can not break the law without paying for it.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sorry but 31 in a 20 is way over the line even for officers who exercise discretion.
that's bustin through a school zone or a quiet little residential street.
no this driver deserved the ticket.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a complaint has been filed about the speed limits being wrong then the correct thing has been done. I am sure the people that live there do not think it is a joke and probably would not be laughing if one of their kids is killed by someone speeding.

Now maybe you guys will stop whining that you can not break the law without paying for it.

There are no kids playing on or even near this state highway. That's a non-starter.

They pulled over my dad for some bogus claim, I think he said a tail light was out. He checked the car over for more than 30 minutes and the only thing he actually found was that my dad didn't have his insurance verification with him. He had insurance, just forgot to put the current verification in the car. Yet, he shouldn't have even been pulled over to begin with.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While the circumstances may be dumb and the limit and their tactics may need to be changed, 11 over, regardless of the speed limit, is a stretch.

In for the bike ticket story though. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom