Spotting scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not set on price, yes I'd like to shoot and see out to 600 yards, but I am nowhere near that level. Ive always thought buy once and plan ahead so you don't have to buy again. I do want to get a very clear glass, I have a scope now(BSA) that was on a rifle when I bought it and I hate it due to being blurry, the $80 scope from wal mart dwarfs it.... Right now I am mostly shooting in the 100-200 range but would prefer to not hav to buy another glass after I extend that range....
Thanks
--Mech

If you're shooting 600+ yards, you might want a spotter with a reticle in it (I would) - its not required, but it helps a lot depending on the type of shooting you will be doing. If you want a MOA-based reticle in your rifle's optic, then you'll most likely want a matching reticle in the spotter (same is true of Mil-based).

If all you want to do is see holes in paper better than your rifle's optic can show you, then its not necessary.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with my Leupold Sequoia with the angled view. I haven't tested it out beyond about 250 yards but I believe it will be good for beyond that. I picked it up off craigslist for right around $200 a couple years ago, its definitely much better than the Simmons scopes I've used in the past.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are set on a mid budget line I'd spend it on a good set of binos and get them set up fo a tripod (good nikon leupold or zeiss ) trust me it's better to save and get the beat you can afford than to buy several cheapies and be unsatisfied with them all then have to try and sell them to buy a better set. I sold a Burris and nikon spotting scope then added some and bought a used zeiss of eBay and am finally more than pleased with my spotting scope. Makes shooting prarie dogs at long range much simpler they are a little heavy in an elk pack but sure make glassing shady spots allot easier. I've had to use cheap binos and spotting scopes and man is it frustrating and you notice the strain it puts on your eyes best of luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom