Springfield Amory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have an Springfield Amory XD 40 I have been trying in the past to either sell or trade, but it seems like no one on this site likes Springfield Armory or maybe just this model. I always thought it was a pretty good pistol. What is everyones thoughts on this. I'm curious. I have just posted for the last time $430 with 450 rds of ammo.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a XD-9 mod 2 sub compact and really like it. I'd buy or at least come look at your XD40 but funds are tight after buying a couple of rifles. Your price is sure tempting though. Guess it's a good thing you don't live closer to OKC!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun community is at a lull right now in my opinion. We had the panic buying of everything from 2020-2021 where you could sell a Glock for 30% over retail in 20 minutes. Now we are at the lull where everyone is dumping what they don't want or paid way too much for a year or two ago.

Even before the panic buying, the XD line just wasn't a huge seller. Nothing at all wrong with them, just not as popular. When I first started shooting USPSA, I ran an XD fullsize 9 just because I could find one for under 300 bucks v's 400-500 for a Glock. Mags are metal and very nice in my opinion.

Mix that 40 S&W into it, and you have another strike in want vs need. Springfield has up'd their line with the XDM stuff that is lightyears ahead of what the XD used to be. Good triggers and mags that hold a half billon rounds.

It will sell if you have the time and are willing to take a hit. If I were you, I would just put it away unless you have to part with it. I have a couple of handguns that I have no desire to shoot or own right now, but unless I have to have something (like whatever Staccato is planning on dropping in 7.5 hours) I'm hanging on to them. May have to make a house payment depending on how the next election goes.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own three variations of Springfield Armory XD's and like all of them, XD, XDS and XDM all variations 45acp and a couple in 9mm. I would buy a few more that I have seen on here but most are the one caliber I care nothing about owning 40 S&W. Seems everybody chooses that caliber when they purchase them, and most end up with a dislike or say the Springfield XD is not for them though it's a good gun. The problem is not the gun in my opinion but the recoil of the 40 S&W for the average shooter. Just my opinion, though others may disagree.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom