Springfield DS Prodigy ("2011")

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0677.GIF

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, but, but, it's still a nine!

Where's my beloved 45? :anyone:
I have said something similar to so many people. I've done lots of digging on something I only got to try once. Bowling pin matches.
If you go back several years, it looks like the STI Edge in 40 was the most popular pistol for competitions that required a little more knockdown than 9 offers. Then a couple years ago, the market seemed flooded with STI 40s with 10k+ rounds down them. Those guys all seemed to be switching to CZ, namely the TSO in 40.
It was a very interesting market trend change, and I narrowly missed my opportunity to buy several STI Edges with those super expensive extended mags for under $1400. Now they're way back up there in price.
I don't shoot USPSA or IDPA, but if anyone does, I'd like to hear what model and caliber you shoot in the double stack class.
I don't see the point in a 9mm 2011. At all.
But 40? 10mm? 38 super, even?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's OK...calm down. It has a plastic frame just like that "perfection" gun. Everything will be just fine....
Yeah, I carried that "Perfection" gun until I hit the range with it. Para Ordnance fit my dream gun specifications but I was clearing more fail to feeds than I was shooting. I went back to my Springfield.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned a Para. But I've never heard anyone really say anything good about them. I remember in the early 2000s when they came out with that LDA (Light Double Action) gun. Pretty amazing trigger but everyone complained about their reliability.

I remember when some distributors were offering BOGO deals on Paras on top of other incentives just to clear them out of inventory.

I don't shoot bowling pin matches or other competition so I really don't care about whether or not the caliber I carry in a defensive gun will knock them down. Bullet technology is to the point where one is pretty much as good as the other against people. A .40 is still a handgun caliber. From everything I've read it doesn't work any better than any other mainstream defensive caliber. 9MM is easier to shoot, less expensive and you can fit more rounds in the same space. I don't see the downside myself. But, that's what's great about choices. We all get to choose what we believe is best.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't shoot bowling pin matches or other competition so I really don't care about whether or not the caliber I carry in a defensive gun will knock them down. Bullet technology is to the point where one is pretty much as good as the other against people. A .40 is still a handgun caliber. From everything I've read it doesn't work any better than any other mainstream defensive caliber. 9MM is easier to shoot, less expensive and you can fit more rounds in the same space. I don't see the downside myself. But, that's what's great about choices. We all get to choose what we believe is best.
I like how you're constantly making people second guess their thoughts.
I generally stick with 17+1 of 9mm for carry, for many of the reasons you specified, but I've seen time and time again it fail in bowling pins, yeah it can knock em over perfect, but you usually have to keep shooting to knock it off the table, which is when those extra rounds do come in handy.
My one match was with a single stack 45 and I failed miserably, haha.
I saw this Springfield and it never even occured to me to carry it, I only entirely saw it from a competition point of view.
I never looked at it from any other angle.
I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to carrying it, unless there was something I already owned that was lighter and/or smaller, more or equally reliable and more or equally accurate in my hand.
But I don't always follow my own rules, since my go-to carry is 5oz heavier than a comparable pistol (although like 40~% more accurate in my hand), yet still 5 ounces lighter than this new Springfield.
Edit to add:
I DID shoot a ton of Glock-specific competitions, but haven't since this whole thing has been going on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom