Springfield Range Officer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked one of these up last week and have to say I am very impressed. It was ridiculously tight for a mid-priced 1911. There was no way to get the bushing off without a wrench and dowel rod. No slide wobble.

The trigger was not bad, probably around 5 lbs. It was a little gritty at first but smoothed up after a couple mags. I expect it to get better after a couple hundred rounds.

I've only been able to put 80 rounds through it but I had no problems. It functioned fine with ball ammo and some light LSWC loads and CMC mags. Accuracy was great with both rounds however it really like the SWCs. The first mag at 10 yards made one big hole. The sights didn't need any adjustments and I really liked them, although I will probably put a night sight on the front pretty soon.

All in all its a great gun for the money, and if they ever make one in stainless I'll probably pick another up.

Jeffro3006mag

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have to agree, bought mine about 2 months ago. Been very pleased with the features, the only thing I am adding is a ambi-safety, dawson front site, and maybe a trigger job. I found it to be a nice value with a NM serial number to boot.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I should at least throw in a couple pics.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y28_RedTape_Afav4edit.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y28_RedTape_Afav6.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y28_RedTape_Afav8.jpg

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, when you say a "great gun for the money" what type of money are you talking about for one of these? They look like an outstanding pistol that could easily fetch $1,000.

Latest posts

Top Bottom