Springfield XDM or Glock 34?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to get a new 9mm and wanting to know what everyone thinks about these two pistols. I plan on using it to shoot USPSA, so any insight would help. Thanks.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd lean GLOCK 34. Nice, long sight radius, cheap mags, boatloads of aftermarket parts, barrels, etc.

But at the end of the day buy the one that you can shoot better. If the XDm is a better fit for you, than all the other stuff doesn't mean much. Go rent 'em or find some board members that will let you shoot theirs.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never shot a Glock 34, but used to have an xdm in .40. I would handle both like the others said, but if it was me, I would just buy the xdm.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd lean GLOCK 34. Nice, long sight radius, cheap mags, boatloads of aftermarket parts, barrels, etc.

But at the end of the day buy the one that you can shoot better. If the XDm is a better fit for you, than all the other stuff doesn't mean much. Go rent 'em or find some board members that will let you shoot theirs.

Very well stated.

I have a G35 the 40 S&W version of G34 and have zero issues with it. Many thousands of rounds through the gun. The long sight radius and meprolight adj night sights worked well for me.

I would still be shooting it, but the wife got me a Kimber for Christmas one year and I have not shot plastic since I converted to the 1911.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones replies. I have just felt both of them and liked the Springfield better, but that doesn't always mean I will be more accurate with it. I am planning to check out them both out at H&H in the next couple of weeks to find out which on fits me best. I wanted to make sure that everyone that has either one hasn't had any problems and find out what their thoughts were why they one or the other better.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Shoot them both first. Some people hate the Glock after shooting it. I was the opposite. I disliked the way it felt in-hand, but the more I shot them the more I liked it.