Springfield XDM or Glock 34?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacoma

Marksman
Reaction score
I agree w/ the slide on Hogue. My first gun was a G17 I really didnt like the way it felt in my hand, but..havent shot many handguns so wasnt sure how to compare it. My buddy said put this grip on...I did and wow..made a huge difference. A few more guns under my belt I bought the XDM 40. My glock felt better but, I cut a piece of bicycle tubing and slipped that over the grip...again...big difference. I love both guns a lot. My hands are pretty large and fingers are skinny, so...maybe that little bit of padding helped. Everyones hands/grips are different.

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was trying to decide between the two as well. I loved how the xdm felt in my hand(except how heavy it is). I loved the long barrel and line of sight on the G34. Also, tons of aftermarket stuff for the glock. After shooting them I went w/the G34. Absolutely love it! Great gun and gets back on target super easy. Lots of peeps in competitive shooting using 'em. There must be a reason.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the glock. Both are great platforms, but one of them is time-tested and proven to be awesome. Not to mention, with a glock you can get ANY part, accessory, or upgrade for a fraction of the cost of the same part on the XD.

I've got a little bias though. I shoot a Glock 34 and a Glock 35 :)

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm going to H&H tomorrow if anyone wants to come let me know I will be bringing my XDM 9mm and my buddy Matt will be bringing his G34. As long as you pay for your own ammo i don't care how many rounds you put downt he tube. I already have 2,500 though my XDM and have still NOT had one FTF or JAM