Springfield XDM or Glock 34?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been more than one member one OSA that have shoot my XDM and glock 19. Like i said if you wanna shoot either one let me know i should be there around noon or so. If my buddy Matt goes he will bring his 34 and you can shoot both just bring ammo

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I think the XD has the best feel of any polymer gun. But I guess I'm just not a Glock person, so there's some bias in my opinion. I would say just get whatever feels most natural in your hand.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to purchase my XD9 and found they had just gotten in a bunch of Glock 19's. I was very excited about the prospect of the Glock instead but it just did not feel as good in my hands as the XD. Since I already had a XD45 and knew what to expect from the XD, I walked out of the store with the XD9. That said, if I had an opportunity to buy a G19 at a good price I would likely jump all over it to go along with my G26 :-)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an xd 9mm tac for production. I've been looking at going to an xdm or glock 34 for production. I'm going with the glock 34. Glock feels great when you use the thumbs forward grip. I'm faster with follow up shots on the glock too. I like the trigger and sights better on the xdm, but I'd be having both worked on/replaced on either gun so that isn't much of an issue for me.

One issue on the glock for me is the mag release, I hate it.

Further more, it's far easier to have replacement parts on hand with a glock. Not that you really need replacement parts for either.

1 bonus for the xdm, you don't have to pull the trigger to field strip it.

SteveD2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't speak to the Glock 34 specifically, but had a 23 that I traded on a XD 45 compact. XD felt better and is consistantly much more accurate than the Glock ever was. Liked the XD so much I now also have both an XD 9 and XD 40 in subcompact. All are great shooters, feel good in the hand, and have a good natural aim for me. Never had an issue or FTF with any of them. Am now looking for an XDM 40 which feels even better...just don't tell my wife....