Springfield's XDs .45 ACP....Made in Croatia????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield Armory 1911s are largely, not exclusively, made in Brazil. The HS2000 is still a good gun if it fits your hand. Amazing what a little ad budget will do for you.

Roger that. It's similar to turning over the tag on an American Tourister suitcase. Chinese Tourister would be more fitting.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know that springfield armory manufacturers anything in the USA. The took on a respected US Armory name then imported foreign copies of respected military guns and was able to sell them at high prices. To me their a slightly more reliable taurus but for some reason people buy them and pay high prices.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
......Amazing what a little ad budget will do for you.

Roger that. It's similar to turning over the tag on an American Tourister suitcase. Chinese Tourister would be more fitting.

I don't know that springfield armory manufacturers anything in the USA. The took on a respected US Armory name then imported foreign copies of respected military guns and was able to sell them at high prices. To me their a slightly more reliable taurus but for some reason people buy them and pay high prices.

Well, that was sort of my thoughts when I realized. I'm no handgun guru so I'm not clued into all the who makes what and where type stuff, but when I realized it made me go Hmmmm. I'm interested in possibly getting one, so being made in Croatia hasn't changed that but none-the-less....

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a fan of Ruger and that may be the last one with all American made guns. I read that Weatherby is moving some production back to the US. Where they are made is less important to me than how they work. I like to buy based on how I will use the gun and which is best for that use at the right price.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slightly more reliable Taurus? Have you ever actually read reviews on the XD or fired one, or are you just blabbing about something you have no experience with? I won't say my XD is as reliable long term as the M&P and Glock offerings, but I wouldn't go as far as even remotely comparing it to a Taurus. I paid less than $600 out the door for my Compact 45 with Trijicons on it, and many of the sub compact offerings can be had under $500 all day long. I wouldn't call that expensive by any stretch.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm mainly talking about sa's brazil made guns. The croation XD is a good gun, I just find it funny how the same gun jumped $100 or more in price when sa put their name on it. Can you name one single design that sa came up with at least Taurus actually designs some guns.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care who designed it. It's reliable, and it wasn't expensive. You could put Bath and Body Works name on it for all I care. It isn't a popularity contest with me, it's about what works.