Tisas 1911 A1 45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Hayes

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one I bought during Obungos first year in orifice. Mine came with a trigger that required $37 to make NICE. My (at the time) $350 Tisas now shoots better than my Dan Wesson.

IMHO, they are GREAT value.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are awesome pistols for the $$.
They should cost more for what you get.
Fit and finish on mine is outstanding and it shoots great.
I have nothing bad to say about mine.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are currently on sale for 319$....................I just want a 45.
Pros/Cons?

Best OWB Holster ?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/tisas-1911-a1-45-acp-pistol-wwii-cerakote-w-walnut-grips.html
I bought their Zig M1911 .45acp probably 6 years ago. Absolutely LOVE it. I have not checked to see if GI or US commercial parts fit or work on it. Gonna have to check that out one of these days. It does like the Chick McCormick Custom stainless mags I bought for it. Had trouble with a couple of the cheap GI-style mags before them.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and find it very good quality. Only problem was it is made in Turkey. Turkey is not our friend.
Oh and good case too. Plastic but very durable. Gasketed.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Tisas Service came with two Mecgar magazines. No issues after 100 or so 230 grain powder coated reloads. I did put a dab of white finger nail polish on the front sight.
Mine came with a single Mecgar magazine, and it is fine. Works well every time. Which is, of course, what you want from a magazine. OTH, if you want more than 8 rounds, you need more magazines. ;) The first two I bought were either old GI, or copies of old GI, from the local surplus store, and one worked most of the time, and the other not at all. When I started getting the Chip McCormack mags, each of them has functioned flawlessly and I can get them out at the base. I've not seen a Mecgar mag in a brick and mortar store, and didn't care to buy them by mail order.

Yellow paint stick on the front sight, and so far, most of what I've fed it is Winchester hardball. Not kidding, I love the thing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom