Tisas 1911 A1 45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a Service Special for over a year now. I put 150 rounds through it in the last 2 weeks alone. It's darned amazing how well it groups. I've been loading 200 grn Hornady XTP's and 200 grn RN blues. Gentle recoil and fun to blast.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and find it very good quality. Only problem was it is made in Turkey. Turkey is not our friend.
Oh and good case too. Plastic but very durable.
I was stationed in Turkey in the mid-80's. They had lots of problems with quality control in many aspects of their society. Efes Pilsener was the most commonly available beer there near Incirlick AS, where I was stationed. As good a beer as I've ever tasted, though I'm not a beer person. Problem was that you could get a sixpack that was mild as koolaid, and the next one might be seriously powerful. You could also get locally produced Tuborg, which was run by European QA techs. Their beer was also very good but way more expensive.

Based on the Tisas pistols I've seen, they've mostly solved a bunch of their QA problems.

Back then, they were pretty good friends to the USA. These days, not so much. Erdogan is not even a closet Islamist now.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and find it very good quality. Only problem was it is made in Turkey. Turkey is not our friend.
Oh and good case too. Plastic but very durable. Gasketed.
Russia "is not our friend" and I'd buy all the AKs I could from them if they started importing them again because they are great guns. Heck I'd buy back some of our Colt class 3 M-4's from the Taliban if they would sell them for cheap and Reagan's post 1986 machine gun ban was taken off the books.

But yeah, these 1911's are good to go. Turkey is putting out some really nice quality guns for cheap and improving the designs of some old problematic guns like the Hi Power.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of stock at PSA already, but they have an RIA on the Daily Deal for $350

RIA is good to go, just throw the stock magazine in the “ hope I never have to use it“ drawer and source some Wilson combat mags. They are expensive but you’ll have them for 25 years and a Tisa or RIA It’s probably not the last 1911 any of us will ever have so I consider them investments

Latest posts

Top Bottom