Stillwater movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone watched the Stillwater movie yet? It won't be in my town till next week but if i get the time i would like to see it.A roughneck from Marlow showed Matt Damon the roughneck lifestyle while making the movie.I don't know Kenny Baker personally but i have heard good things about him.He is suppose to talk for 30 minutes before the movie on Friday night at the Palace theatre in Duncan.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw the movie in Lawton last night.

I enjoyed it.

Damon had "Oily" down.

After the movie, actually ran into Ryan Stuart and his family leaving the thee-ater (movie reference)
Really nice guy.

There were a few scenes that happened to have Cactus Drilling in them.
Ryan was wearing a "Cactus" had and I asked him if he came to see the movie because of the Cactus scenes.
That led to an interesting conversation with him and his family.

Over all, I'd say it was a good movie. But...if you are looking for a LOT of Oklahoma scenes, you will be disappointed. About 5-10 minutes in the beginning about the same at the end. The rest is France (without Coneheads!!).

I do wish that a little more detail had been given to.....well I don't want a spoiler here.

Again, I think Damon did a hell of a job as an oilfield hand.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I’ve seen is that liberal Damon had an eye opening experience with conservatives.
He and another cast member spent a couple weeks with real Oklahoma roughnecks prior to filming saying he now understood how folks in their liberal bubble didn’t understand conservatism.
I think a lot of liberals should spend time with the working class to understand how real life in the trenches has an effect on their lives when liberals want to send manufacturing overseas and shut down oil production so our country/economy can be ruled by foreign governments.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I’ve seen is that liberal Damon had an eye opening experience with conservatives.
He and another cast member spent a couple weeks with real Oklahoma roughnecks prior to filming saying he now understood how folks in their liberal bubble didn’t understand conservatism.
I think a lot of liberals should spend time with the working class to understand how real life in the trenches has an effect on their lives when liberals want to send manufacturing overseas and shut down oil production so our country/economy can be ruled by foreign governments.
I think this would do good both ways. Always good to see the other side of the coin and come to a reasonable conclusion on the other side the aisle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom