Stocking Up on Mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else is stocking up on mags right now, with the assault weapons ban bill being introduced next week? If it passes I don't think it will survive the current supreme court, but it still could be a while before you can buy anything other than 10 round mags. I've been trying to buy a few each of AK and AR mags with every paycheck for a while.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This brings up another talking point. I know it’s going to be different for everyone but what number of mags do you feel is adequate for your situation? Or, are we just stocking up due to the possibility of a ban?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure some are thinking the price will go through the roof and they will get rich selling mags to those that showed up late.

Some magazine bodies won’t really wear out under normal use; maybe new springs, a follower, or base plate at some point. I can’t see repair parts going away.

It definitely can’t hurt having a few extra.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This brings up another talking point. I know it’s going to be different for everyone but what number of mags do you feel is adequate for your situation? Or, are we just stocking up due to the possibility of a ban?

You make a good point.

But as an American if I get told I can’t have something I want it more.

At one time for my AR I had 100 PMAGS. Few years later I realized that maybe 20 was a little more ideal.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm at around 30 for both AR and AK and probably won't get too many more. I'm more stocking up because I could be wrong and the law passes and sticks. I also have some 10 rounders in case I have to use those in public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom