Stocking Up on Mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could afford more mags for my Mini 14 and P89. My Promags for the mini are ok but could be better. Sadly Ruger 30 rd mags are almost 3 times the price. I also need ammo bad but no takers on my trade stuff yet.

I bought a LOT of Ruger Mini-14 mags after taking an armorer's course when I worked for the SO in Colorado. Like well into the 3 digits because I got them for chump change. I still have probably 20 that are still in the old, Ruger white boxes from the 80s. It was 1993 and the AWB was being talked about so I made a bit of an investment in Ruger products. I've always loved Mini-14 rifles.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a LOT of Ruger Mini-14 mags after taking an armorer's course when I worked for the SO in Colorado. Like well into the 3 digits because I got them for chump change. I still have probably 20 that are still in the old, Ruger white boxes from the 80s. It was 1993 and the AWB was being talked about so I made a bit of an investment in Ruger products. I've always loved Mini-14 rifles.
Rub it in!
You need a sword or Camp 9 mags right? :rotflmao:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sword may be more reliable than those ProMag magazines.
The Promags did pretty good at the range. Only one failure to feed and cycling the action took care of that. I still want some Ruger mags when I get rich but the Promags are fine for now. I can get 3 of the Promags for the price of one Ruger so the Ruger mags will be added as I can afford to.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have plenty of standard capacity mags.
3C111BD3-5222-4CE2-8475-658C7A902196.jpeg

As has been stated, I like the 5, 10, or 20 round mags at the range.
I did buy some smaller capacity mags for .300 Blackout. Buddy’s 9 yr old son deer hunts with that MSR. The 30 round standard capacity mag gets in his way getting the rifle over the safety rail of the buddy stand he and his dad share.
Interesting note, was in a gun shop in Salida Co to buy some low capacity mags for the kid. Owner and I talked about the mag restrictions in Colorado. You can own a 30 round mag, but sporting goods stores can’t sell them. Only parts can be sold to build them. There was a 55 gallon drum of magpul mag parts for sale. Everything required to build a mag was in the bag. Takes 30 seconds to assemble. How stupid.
Then the store owner told me that 5 sheriffs in the counties surrounding this one will not enforce any mag ban or stupid liberal gun laws.
I can believe it. Never saw more American flags along the highways with Fuk Biden signs everywhere. Very conservative part of Colorado.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's nothing more than a giant Charlie Foxtrot in the House. None of their crap will get 60 votes in the senate to bypass the filibuster so it's a waste of time and taxpayer money for these people to sit around those big tables and wank together.
There is rumour of some republican support, so I hope you are right. I just believe in preparing for the worst. I've pretty much given up expecting any politician to do the right thing.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This brings up another talking point. I know it’s going to be different for everyone but what number of mags do you feel is adequate for your situation? Or, are we just stocking up due to the possibility of a ban?
Well, everybody knows that you need fifty 30-round magazines for those five 20-round boxes of 5.56 you have squirreled away...

Latest posts

Top Bottom