Stoops is a class A *********

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It never ceases to amuse me how Cowboy fans never seem to love their own team ANYWHERE CLOSE to how much they hate OU. Now that's butthurt.

So how's that Travis Ford fella working out?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stoops can't recruit anymore, and makes way too much money. I think he has become too complacent to win like he used to. We just aren't cutting it. But it's better than what we had before. I'll take these days over Blake and Gary Gibbs any day. And I won't even get started on Schnellenburger.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh heck! I'm OSU orange all the way and not an OU fan at all. But, Stoops just gets tired of answering the same old question every year, about why the players didn't execute perfectly, and he said something he probably didn't mean to say. Texas was just ready to play and OU wasn't! They took a win for granted. Happens to all teams if they have a big reputation.

Like I said, I'm an OSU fan all day long, so it is kinda fun to raz the die-hard OU fans in a good hearted way, but it's nothing to get all worked up about. It's not life and death. Stoops is probably a quality guy. He just gets tired of his guys not playing to potential as they should. They were looking for a perfect season and now it's not going to happen. There is a lot of pressure on any Big 12 coach, especially Stoops. OU will likely not beat TCU, nor Baylor. I'm pretty suspect that OSU will end up with 2-4 losses this year too, but Gundy (and T Boone, of course) has been the best thing to happen to OSU football!

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like GMThunder said though, you're not going to let facts get in the way of your childhood butthurt. You will carry it to your grave.

It never ceases to amuse me how Cowboy fans never seem to love their own team ANYWHERE CLOSE to how much they hate OU. Now that's butthurt.

So how's that Travis Ford fella working out?

I have to admit that my dislike of OU began in the 70's. It really didn't have anything to do with OU itself or what the Sooners did on the field, mostly because I couldn't have cared less about that. No, my dislike of OU stemmed from the OU fans I grew up around. I figured if a college half a state away could make grown assed adults who'd never stepped foot on campus act like that, then nothing good must come from there?

It's amusing to me that here I sit 40 years later, reading a thread that pretty much reinforces exactly what I thought back then. Sooner fanboys protest too much, methinks! ;)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to admit that my dislike of OU began in the 70's. It really didn't have anything to do with OU itself or what the Sooners did on the field, mostly because I couldn't have cared less about that. No, my dislike of OU stemmed from the OU fans I grew up around. I figured if a college half a state away could make grown assed adults who'd never stepped foot on campus act like that, then nothing good must come from there?
It's amusing to me that here I sit 40 years later, reading a thread that pretty much reinforces exactly what I thought back then. Sooner fanboys protest too much, methinks! ;)

The facts are contradictory here though....the irony to your statement is..... I believe that the OP never graduated from OSU...... if I'm wrong.....at the very least..... he's obsessed with what OU is doing. You don't see a lot of that from fans on either side that actually graduated from their respective school. They likely had friends that went to the opposite side.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone in my family for the last 50 years that went to a university graduated orange. Those who didn't go, still cheer for both but side with OU 99% of the time. I've got nothing against Bob and the boys, or fans either.............as you can find the "worst and best" of fans at ANY D1 game. I do giggle at the fact that one of my college friends who is a staunch, in your face OU fan, now has his OU flag at half mast lol ! During the Schnellenberger/Blake days......it flew upside down, lmao!

I got texts and emails saying "I'm a man, I'm 40" for almost 2 years off and on from him, it's all in fun unless somebody makes it more than that.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a stoops fan but I have to agree the team played like they were the Midwest City bombers, not OK University. Not sure he should have said what he did but he is clearly frustrated with the lack of talent he's dealing with in a few key positions. The UT running back rolled out left every run play yet we seemed to never know where he was going? lol.

Isn't Midwest City pretty good though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom