Stoops is a class A *********

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only problem I have with Stoops is,,,
He has this habit of putting hands on his players.

I have seen him on several occasions,,,
Grab a player by the faceguard,,,
Drag the player to his level,,,
And scream at him.

Now I know coaches all over the world in every sport do this,,,
But I have a personal bug-a-boo about that behavior.

There are only three people with the right to lay hands on and/or scream at me,,,
My Mother, my Father, and my USAF Training Instructor.

No matter where I have been in life,,,
There was always someone who felt they had that right.

They were talked to one time,,,
The next time their behavior was "corrected".

I know you don't have to be that way to be effective,,,
Personally, I don't understand why some player hasn't decked him already.

So for that reason alone,,,
I can't bear Stoops.

Aarond

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with Stoops on this. You can't force a team to play hard...you can encourage them, prepare them, but ultimately it's up to them to do it. Stoops didn't miss four tackles on the first UT touchdown. Stoops didn't fumble the ball on the ensuing kickoff. How's that the coaches fault? The players just flat out sucked on Saturday.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a hardcore OSU fan and I normally wouldn't root for OU but my daughter is a Kappa there so I want them to win for her sake. I have always liked Stoops and thought he was a good coach but he is probably like me and just gets tired a little faster since he's in his mid-late 50s. I had a lot of energy and strength a few years ago but when I turned 55 things changed and if I had 5 million bucks in the bank I would tolerate the hate for about 5 minutes then I would be outta there!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bob Stoops is a great man with a good heart. He is by far one of the best coaches in Big12 history. He has earned the right to say what he wants. Sure he has made some blunders and has lost a lot of big games but still he is a solid coach. I don't think he was throwing the team under the bus rather saying that there has to be some accountability within the players to go out and execute.

The only knock I have on Stoops is that Joe Mixon is still a Sooner. That is 100% inexcusable. I am not on a soap box saying he does not deserve a second chance, but it should NOT be in Norman. It's something I do not think I will ever be able to look past. For the record I do not know how it is possible how NPD and the judge legally covered that up.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Horn's fan. We all have our faults, right?

I have yet to, but I'm going to gloat a little here (just like the obnoxious OU fans would!).

Hook 'em! How 'bout that (sorry and weak) Longhorns team? Y'all got beat by a third rate team.

Funny, I have heard much noise from the OU fans in my life. Blah, blah, blah. **** talking.
Normally by now I'd have had 20-30 phone calls bragging about OU by now beating the horns. Phone has been silent thus far.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing most people don’t appreciate/accept about college football today is that parity really does exist.

20, or so, years ago, there were X number of universities and Y number of really good players. Today, there are essentially still X number of universities, but multiple Y number of really good players. Not only that, but that large number of players are entering college better prepared for big time football.

This is changing the landscape of college football. Look at the top 25 today. It includes Baylor, TCU, Utah, Stanford, OSU, Northwestern, Boise State, Toledo, Cal, Houston and Duke. I don’t know how many of these were in the top 25 20 years ago, but I’m betting not many. Wait up! I checked. Northwestern was #8 and Toledo #24.

On the reverse side, Nebraska was #1. Kansas was #9, for goodness sake.

Anyway, my point is that OU teams (and the other big programs) back then had talent in far greater depth than most of the other schools in the country. They still have this same level of talent. Problem is, a lot more schools now have access to this greatly increased same level of talent.

The big boys are still the big boys, but now there’s a lot more of them. Now the differences in teams are more and more seen in the facilities, programs and coaching/support personnel.

Bob Stoops is a heck of a good coach. He’s done well with good teams and he has, at least, made a decent showing with lesser teams. He can tell when his team is putting out and when it’s not doing it’s best. He has a right to let them know his displeasure. Usually, I would say it is something he should do privately, but it might not be a bad idea to let it all hang out every once in a while.

Wait, what the hell am I doing defending Bob Stoops?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only problem I have with Stoops is,,,
He has this habit of putting hands on his players.

There are only three people with the right to lay hands on and/or scream at me,,,
My Mother, my Father, and my USAF Training Instructor.

Aarond

USAF training instructor is not allowed to do that any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom