Stopped at Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had those two sides and thought they both were very good. Matter of fact enjoyed them for lunch and leftovers for supper.

eta: I wanted to try their corn but my clothing choice today suggested my sloppy eating habits and their generous butter/spice ratio might make me look like even a bigger slob than I am so I passed. But my wife said it was excellent.
Those marks on the shirt after eating are called food medals. The more you get, the better the food.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad you liked it. Looks good.

The one time I stopped and got a slab of ribs they were very sweet. The sauce that was already cooked onto them had so much sugar that they were like candied ribs. I haven't been back.

Georgie 1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 481351

Have heard about it for years, but every time we drove by it was backed up and we never stopped.

Well everyone apparently went to the lake or something because we pulled in and there was like 5-10 cars.

Here’s what we got.

Wife
View attachment 481352
Mine
View attachment 481353

They come with a Twinkle for dessert. 😁

Everything was very tasty and the meats were very well cooked.

Glad we finally made it in.
👍

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 481351

Have heard about it for years, but every time we drove by it was backed up and we never stopped.

Well everyone apparently went to the lake or something because we pulled in and there was like 5-10 cars.

Here’s what we got.

Wife
View attachment 481352
Mine
View attachment 481353

I prefer to stop at the over crowded places....best review is a crowd.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 481351

Here’s what we got.

Wife
View attachment 481352
Mine
View attachment 481353

Looks great. While in Dallas last weekend for NRA convention, took opportunity to go back to historically famous....an Dallas institution.... Sonny Bryan's BBQ on Inwood at hospital district just north of I-35/183.. Sonny started in 1958, sold just before his passing in 1989. Presidents, stars, elite, po' fo'k stopped 'til it was gone for the day. His son Bert was a Dr at clinic in Coppell I had built. Bert always was welcomed at our parties as he brought Sonny's Q. First night it was great as expected, second night was burned almost beyond edible. Major bummer!!! Sonny was probably spinnin' in his grave. Things change, all good things end.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This got me in the mood for BBQ so I stopped at Rudy's for the first and probably last time for a pulled pork sandwich while running errands. Maybe the brisket is better?

Latest posts

Top Bottom