Stupid, petty, vain, greedy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your GF. I watched today as Civilians walked out not knowing when they'll be back and there is no guarantee they'll receive back pay.
Some of y'all need to realize this is bigger than YOU and your EGO and what you think you know. If you don't have something constructive to say, STFU.

Who decides what's constructive? I watched as thousands walked out of the Lucent plant never to go back. I'm sure there are people here that watched thousands walk out of the GM plant never to go back. But because someone is employed by the Government it is supposed to be a guaranteed job for life?

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bad, heat of the moment. I know people who don't know when they'll get paid again, hits close to home seeing them walk out the door. Hopefully this can be fixed and fast. This is why I stick to one of my main rules, I don't discuss politics or religion, well, not very often.

Where were you when I was RIF'd from my company in '09. I could've used your violin.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who decides what's constructive? I watched as thousands walked out of the Lucent plant never to go back. I'm sure there are people here that watched thousands walk out of the GM plant never to go back. But because someone is employed by the Government it is supposed to be a guaranteed job for life?

Apparently, yes, yes it is.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bad, heat of the moment. I know people who don't know when they'll get paid again, hits close to home seeing them walk out the door.
Hopefully this can be fixed and fast.

This is why I stick to one of my main rules, I don't discuss politics or religion, well, not very often.

Fair enough...it sure is an emotional topic.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
meh, I have yet to find a negative about the gov being shut down.

Veterans: Some key benefits will continue and the VA hospitals will remained open. But many services will be disrupted. The Veterans Benefits Administration will be unable to process education and rehabilitation benefits. The Board of Veterans' Appeals will be unable to hold hearings.

What's more, if the shutdown lasts for more than two or three weeks, the Department of Veterans Affairs has said that it may not have enough money to pay disability claims and pension payments. That could affect some 3.6 million veterans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-about-how-the-government-shutdown-will-work/

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid RickN. Hopefully yours is sugar free.

I make my own and yes it is sugar free, I use Stevia. :D

I also see that the House tried to pass 3 emergency bills funding the VA, parks, etc but they failed. Would not have mattered anyway since the Senate had said they would not pass them and Obama said he would veto them, but at least they are trying to help the working folks.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They actually did have a compromise to keep everything up and running. But somebody keeps trying to get rid of or change the health care law. As soon as both sides end their d*** measuring contest, maybe they can get something done. Then again we're going to see this over again in few more weeks.

Actually one of the last proposals funded Obamacare. All they had to do was give everyone in the country the same breaks that they gave themselves and the unions.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say is that elections are not term limits. You have to have a hard and fast rule that eliminates a person's ability to hold an elected off more than 2 terms, period, just like the prez. I would like to see a limitation that also limits them to one branch- either the house or the senate, no doubles.

kdh77

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this mean all the Obamaphones will get cut off? Wait, I forgot, all of us that pay our own cell phone bills pay for those too.....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually one of the last proposals funded Obamacare. All they had to do was give everyone in the country the same breaks that they gave themselves and the unions.

Actually we would not be having this discussion at all if the Dem controlled Senate had bothered to write and vote on a budget for the coming year. Something they are required by law to do every year but have not done since 2009.

Latest posts

Top Bottom