Sub 2k break actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I really want to get a nice 12ga overunder or sxs. I dont want turkish, I would prefer something italian, spanish, or of similar quality. I'm thinking of a Belgium Made winchester 101 (base model is about $1100), a Browning Citori (i think I can find a used one in my price range) or a used beretta over under if I can find one. Being able to use Beretta Mobilchokes or Browning Invector Plus chokes would be great, as I have nice collections of both of those.

Suggestions? experiences with any of these? Suggestions on where to find quality used shotguns? Gene Sears had really low stock when I went there a week ago. I'm especially interested in the 101, the price seems right, and it takes invector plus chokes.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve owned a few Citoris, quite a few Berettas, and a couple Fabarms. I prefer Berettas, but I don’t have anything against Citoris.

You should easily be able to find a really nice Citori or Beretta 686 for well under $2k.
Suggestions on where to look? I cant say the last time I saw one in a pawn shop, and gene sears has some pretty bare shelves.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
So I really want to get a nice 12ga overunder or sxs. I dont want turkish, I would prefer something italian, spanish, or of similar quality. I'm thinking of a Belgium Made winchester 101 (base model is about $1100), a Browning Citori (i think I can find a used one in my price range) or a used beretta over under if I can find one. Being able to use Beretta Mobilchokes or Browning Invector Plus chokes would be great, as I have nice collections of both of those.

Suggestions? experiences with any of these? Suggestions on where to find quality used shotguns? Gene Sears had really low stock when I went there a week ago. I'm especially interested in the 101, the price seems right, and it takes invector plus chokes.
Some of the Turk SxS are pretty nice and well made. I wouldn't necessarily count them out.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 grand will buy a really nice o/u.

I found a couple of older 101's last year and was able to get both bought for just a little over 3k.
How do you like them?
Don’t leave out the ruger red label. I have a 26 inch 12 ga. That feels and shoots great. Has a great swing to it at least for me. Just another one to consider.
I always forget about those, thats definitely on the list too. I have actually never heard someone say anything bad about them.
Go with a sxs, get a winchester model 21

Be different and go with the 410 or 28ga!
I would love to get a SXS, they just aren't as common as overunders.If the right one pops up Ill be happy be grab it up. I have no need for a 28 ga when I have a few wonderful 20 gauge guns. I'm not a huge fan of hunting birds with a 410, but I enjoy hunting rabbits and squirrels with one. I figure ill end up just getting a Stevens 555 for that, I cant justify the cost of a nice shotgun in 410 before getting a break action in 12ga, any more than I can justify spending $300 to buy the parts to fix my $200 410 SXS that I currently own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom