Sub 2k break actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like them?
I’ve had 2 previously. 1 was stolen. I replaced it with an almost identical one. Almost. Both 12 ga sk/sk. It was my quail gun for 30 years.

The 2 most recent are a 12 & 20. Both in mod/IC. All early 70’s. I’m shooting them at pheasant & dove.

I love them. Easy to shoot. If it gets up in front of me in range it falls. Very nice pointing shotguns with a nice high rib. If you’re looking at it, the gun is pointed at it.

You can spend more and probably buy nicer, but they’re all I need in an o/u. Like everything else, someone somewhere hates them, but mine will never be for sale.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa had it all...
101, 21, 23, Superposed, Citori, 686, etc etc etc. When I decided I wanted a double, he highly recommended looking into the Rugers. That's not to say theyre better, but the most bang for the buck if you just want a shooter. I didn't listen, I kow have a 101 Diamond Grade, a Superposed, a B425 Citori and a BSS....and never shoot them. I'm just too familiar with and used to the ole Auto 5.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1350, comes with two barrels, One 26” 12ga 2 3/4 ic/mod, one 26” 12ga magnum Full/mod. I’m a little concerned about the wear, it looks to be in fantastic shape, but you have to use some force to close it, if you just gently bring it closed it doesn’t latch. Also the right side ejector moves back and forth when fully open. Thoughts?

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like them?

I always forget about those, thats definitely on the list too. I have actually never heard someone say anything bad about them.

I would love to get a SXS, they just aren't as common as overunders.If the right one pops up Ill be happy be grab it up. I have no need for a 28 ga when I have a few wonderful 20 gauge guns. I'm not a huge fan of hunting birds with a 410, but I enjoy hunting rabbits and squirrels with one. I figure ill end up just getting a Stevens 555 for that, I cant justify the cost of a nice shotgun in 410 before getting a break action in 12ga, any more than I can justify spending $300 to buy the parts to fix my $200 410 SXS that I currently own.
I was just being sarcastic since the winchester model 21 is such a bank breaker!

Click here to see what I mean ⬇️
Rare and desirable CSMC Model 21

Long ago I thought a 21 looked good and would be nice to have, then I saw the prices in the blue book.

That was back before Al Gore invented the internet! 😁

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just being sarcastic since the winchester model 21 is such a bank breaker!

Click here to see what I mean ⬇️
Rare and desirable CSMC Model 21

Long ago I thought a 21 looked good and would be nice to have, then I saw the prices in the blue book.

That was back before Al Gore invented the internet! 😁
Oooof. It’s all about perspective though. That’s the cost of the stock on a Holland and Holland. Having a shotgun bespoke made for me is on my bucket list, I wanna get this turds face and name engraved on it as well.
76DB6180-740B-475F-B756-18028EFE05B1.jpeg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa had a Winchester 21 Tournament Skeet to sell and we took the big Tulsa show several years ago. We had it on the table and a guy came around and seemed quite impressed that there was one for sale there. He started talking money and I let my dad take over from there and I dealt with the rest of the customers that were looking. They came to an agreement and the guy asked if he could come around behind a table and use our chair. My dad said yeah sure that's fine so he came around, sat in the chair and pulled his pant leg up and pulled the cash out of his sock. Not an ankle wallet, literally a big wad of cash in a tall sock.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa had a Winchester 21 Tournament Skeet to sell and we took the big Tulsa show several years ago. We had it on the table and a guy came around and seemed quite impressed that there was one for sale there. He started talking money and I let my dad take over from there and I dealt with the rest of the customers that were looking. They came to an agreement and the guy asked if he could come around behind a table and use our chair. My dad said yeah sure that's fine so he came around, sat in the chair and pulled his pant leg up and pulled the cash out of his sock. Not an ankle wallet, literally a big wad of cash in a tall sock.
That’s when you know a guy used to sell crack rocks.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom