Suggest me good places for an overnite fishing trip in Oklahoma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone, I am looking to take my 9 year old fishing for an overnite / camping / fishing / cooking outside adventure. Basically a two day deal and I would like it to maybe be by a river, or lake damn overflow area where we will catch some fish. The fish don't even need to be big or even edible.... Just catch and release and cooking out, tent camping type deal.

Looking to stay in Oklahoma.

Thanks for any suggestions.

centraloklahoma

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, the best hidden treasure in Oklahoma is the Blue River Public Fishing and Hunting Area.
You can camp right next to the Blue river (the only un-damed river in Oklahoma, it's also spring fed), and there are a few nice secluded camp spots, at most, 1/4 mile from the next camp site.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, Blue River Public Fishing and Hunting Area is a great place. When I attended college at MIT (Murray In Tishomingo), we had many a party there, and spent the night many times. The trout fishing is a lot of fun, first time I ever used corn as a bait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom