Sunday, Sunday, Sunday: LaPierre & Bloomberg - Meet the Press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Let's get ready to rumble.

[video]http://video.msnbc.msn.com/meet-the-press/51291937[/video]

This, I will not miss, must see TV:

SUNDAY: PERSONAL FREEDOMS AT THE CENTER OF THE DEBATE

EXCLUSIVE: Bloomberg and LaPierre on Guns in America

As we approach 100 days since the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, we’ll look at the gun control debate in America. What is the proper balance between keeping public safety and personal freedom? Will the new legislation proposed in Congress make a difference in curbing gun violence in America? Two key voices on both sides of the issue join us exclusively this Sunday: New York City’s Independent Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association Wayne LaPierre.

PLUS: Bloomberg's Bans - NYC Mayor Responds to Charges of Government Overreach

Debating the role of Government

Our roundtable will feature a special discussion on the role of government in daily life. From guns to gay marriage, the political debate has been centered on personal freedom. Is the answer more, or less government? We’ll have insights and analysis from our roundtable: Chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition Ralph Reed; Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen; Washington Post columnist EJ Dionne; and the New York Times’ David Brooks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032608/vp/51291937#51291937

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The deck is stacked against LaPierre, gotta admire him for stepping up to take a beating.

I don't think I can stand to watch Bloomberg and Gregory; I'll catch the highlights later.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deck is stacked against LaPierre, gotta admire him for stepping up to take a beating.

I don't think I can stand to watch Bloomberg and Gregory; I'll catch the highlights later.

Watch Bloomberg be able to rant uninterrupted, while Wayne gets stepped all over while talking.

It'll be like Biden and Ryan all over again.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For thoes like me that don't usualy watch Sunday moring TV and don't yet have a guide, Meet The Press is on Channel 2 in Tulsa at 9:00 AM.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did I miss something... Bloomberg was saying 90% of the people want stricter gun laws, the polls I'v seen posted (mostly links on here) do not back this up and wondering why LaPierre didn't jump all over his numbers. Other than that thought LaPierre did a good job.

I still don't get why anyone could posibly believe any of this will make any difference except to be a pain for law abiding gun owners. As we all know, the bad guys are not going to care what laws are passed.

JM44-40

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bloomberg and others need to be challenged on their assertions that 40% of guns are private purchases, thereby avoiding any kind of background check. This is hogwash.

In addition E. J. Dionne's point was without merit when he stated that La Pierre was inconsistent by saying the assault weapons ban was unconstitutional yet he supported enforcement of current background checks.

Although not thread related, I was amused when I watched the debate between Feinstein and Senator Ted Cruz and the fact that she got so frustrated that Schumer and Dick Durban had to attempt to rescure her.

What's significant was Durbin's assertion when alluding to the Bill of Rights that "none of these rights are absolute."

Excuse me Senator --- the right to a trial by a jury of your peers, and the prohibition against "cruel and unusual punishment" among others are not absolute? What a joke. This is a real insight into these peoples' thought process and complete lack of logic in reasoning.

It's amusing when you question these people on the constitution they always wet their pants.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom