Suppressor gunsmith and questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although not an Attorney, it might be worth contacting Tommy Fredrick of Sooner State Pawn. He offers free trusts with suppressor purchases, and as far as I know, hasn't run afoul of the BATFE. A trust strictly for firearms doesn't have to be complicated or expensive, at least per my uneducated internet ramblings.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so after looking at the suppressor from liberty that you are thinking of buying, it is already what you are asking about. You will buy that suppressor already attached to a barrel. It is an integral suppressor. Either you send them the upper and parts you want it built on or they will build you one from their stock it appears. They don't appear to sell it separate, at least I couldn't find it on their website separate.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so after looking at the suppressor from liberty that you are thinking of buying, it is already what you are asking about. You will buy that suppressor already attached to a barrel. It is an integral suppressor. Either you send them the upper and parts you want it built on or they will build you one from their stock it appears. They don't appear to sell it separate, at least I couldn't find it on their website separate.

Correct. I didn't find that until after I posted the original post. I would still like to talk to a gunsmith and get all of my options. This suppressor stuff is a whole new world to me.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure what you want a gun smith to tell you. You have heard the opinions of those here who have suppressors. I have 5 different suppressors. Each serves time on multiple hosts. If you only ever want to run a can on one firearm, then what you are talking about would be a fine decision. But if you think you might want to run a can on a 300 blk and a 556 or a 308 or whatever, then it would be a waste of money. A gun smith should tell you the same thing. In the end, it is your money, so do as you wish. I run an AAC 762SDN-6 for 300 blk and it is excellent. I also run it on a 308, 6.5 Grendel, a 6.8 spc, and maybe more in the future. If you are interested in trying one out let me know. You are welcome to shoot mine. I have a 300 with 8" barrel and one with 10" barrel.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outside of them giving you a quote for the pin/weld, there isn't much they can tell you. I would guess it'll cost $50-$75 for a pin/weld, but haven't had to pay for that work in years.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much all of it has been said, but I'll add. If you are trying to $125-150 with NFA items, you may be entering into the wrong hobby. There are reasons to pin to avoid having a SBR but not to save a stamp. The major one would be to make it easier to transport over state lines without having to go to the trouble of notifying the ATF. Or to take it to a state where a suppressor is legal and a SBR is not. The suppressors suitable for 300BLK can really compliment other hosts. owu1bag5 nailed it. I would suggest looking at AAC 762SDN-6 or the re-released 762SD. There are also several better quality 9mm suppressors that will work with subsonic 300BLK and a few rated for supersonic pressures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom