Surveillance camera shows Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he had a knife in his hand then I would say the way he came out of that chair would be an aggressive and threatening manner.

Since there is no audio of the officers, we won't know if they asked the man to stand up or not. This would be highly likely in order to get him to drop the knife and have him lay on the ground. Whether they asked him or not, I see nothing aggressive about what he did. The way I understand it the man would need to make an aggressive move TOWARDS the officers. I could be wrong though.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The distance a determined attacker with a knife can cover while a person is deciding whether or not to shoot is surprising, but with two officers holding drawn weapons I think it is likely they made the wrong decision.

I would like to see how this plays out. It is surprising that the individual is still alive. I hope there is dashcam footage.

juscvin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if the Officers were 100% wrong if the man did have a knife you can cover an astonishing amount of distance in a short time. At close distances knife often beats gun. Tazers aren't 100% effective especially that close the spread on the probes would be small greatly reducing the effects of the taZer anyone with any training on the use of a Tazer product will tell you this Tazer themselves in their official training program states Tazer is NOT an alternative to deadly force. Im not saying they were right or wrong but what I am saying is that anyone who bases an opinion solely off of this video is foolish there is no audio the video quality is poor at best you can see next to nothing

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would tend to agree that a wielded knife against a holstered firearm within 21 feet that the knife has an advantage, but these officers have their guns out, in that situation the knife loses every time, every time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom