Suspect in triple homicide could be linked to weekend double homicides

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suspect in triple homicide could be linked to weekend double homicides

[Broken External Image]
Dale Curtis Carr

[Broken External Image]
Keandre Miller

[Broken External Image]
Michael Matthews

Published: 11/8/2010 11:20 AM

Tulsa Police have named a man, who was arrested Sunday in connection to an October triple homicide, as a “person of interest” in a double homicide that occurred Saturday night, police said.

Sgt. Mike Huff said Dale Curtis Carr, 19, is a person of interest in the shooting death of Michael Matthews and Keandre Miller, both 18, Saturday night in the 5900 block of North Frankfort Avenue.

Carr was booked without bond into the Tulsa Jail about 6:38 p.m. Sunday on three complaints of first-degree murder, jail records show.

“We’re still developing the motive in the double (homicide),” Huff said. “It’s appearing that it may be more dispute-oriented than gang related.”

Huff said the victims were likely shot between 10:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. at that location, outside an abandoned gray house on the corner of a dead-end street.

Police said Sunday that there were no witnesses that came forward with information.

“Anyone that saw a car leaving the scene or leaving the area (at that time), we’d appreciate a call,” Huff said.

Tulsa World Crime Tracker data, based on police reports, show at least three homicides took place this year within about a mile of the crime scene.

They were Oct. 28 in the 1500 block of East 56th Street North; Sept. 16 in the 500 block of East 56th Street North; and July 25 in the 4600 block of North Cincinnati Avenue.

Anyone with information about the shootings is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 596-COPS, send a text message to police
or submit an online tip at tulsaworld.com/crimestoppers

The Crime Commission offers rewards for information that leads to arrests. Callers can be anonymous.

In the Oct. 7 triple homicide, Joey Mike, 23, Jermiko Thomas, 19, and Toni Ruff, 20, were each shot in the head in what police said was "a style consistent with an execution" at the Days Inn at Sheridan Road and Archer Street.

Huff said detectives came into contact with a witness Sunday while investigating the double homicide who gave information to police indicating Carr may have been involved in the Oct. 7 triple homicide.

According to jail records, the witness told police Dale Carr arranged to buy marijuana from Joey Mike on Oct. 7.

Carr allegedly drove to the hotel parking lot with Michael Matthews and one other person, records show.

Huff declined to comment on whether Matthews was involved in the triple homicide, but did confirm Matthews is the same man killed in Saturday’s shooting.

According to jail records, the witness told police Matthews and Carr left the hotel with Joey Mike’s black semi-automatic handgun, cell phone, two pounds of marijuana and $2,700 in cash.

The witness further stated that Carr got rid of Mike’s handgun and cell phone, jail records show.

According to a search warrant affidavit filed in Oklahoma County District Court, Mike may have been connected to an unidentified drug dealer and might have owed him $20,000.

There was no sign of forced entry into the hotel room, which led police to believe that one of the victims might have known the shooter or shooters, according to the affidavit, filed Oct. 15.

The three victims were found by a maintenance man in a first-floor room at the Days Inn after he saw water coming from under the door about 10:45 p.m. Oct. 7. A bullet had struck a pipe in a wall, releasing water that flooded the room, police said.

Mike and Thomas were dead at the scene, and Ruff died Oct. 9.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...rticleid=20101108_297_0_TulsaP949257&allcom=1

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember back in jr. high and high school, 1970-1975, hearing the boys asking about where they could buy a "lid" of pot. Or where the next "party" was going to be. Rarely saw or heard about a fight. Never with weapons. The major concern of guys in my school was cute girls that would let you get close to home plate.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suspect in 5 killings..... how many does it take to be considered a serial killer these days? Would mass murderer be more or less than a serial killer?

This particular case is not a mass murder or serial killer.

The FBI BSU has guidelines that define both of these and this suspect does not fit either at the moment. Doesn't make it any less serious, just different.

He does appear to be a remorseless criminal however.

Michael Brown

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The two more recent murders, if he is connected to them, sounds like a case of 'silencing' witnesses or cohorts who were with him during the triple murder. Just a 'person of interest' at the moment.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cue the momma crying that her boy is a good boy and wouldn't do something like that. :(

That's what freaks me out about this whole deal. I see those pictures, and I just see children. I am not apologizing for them or excusing their actions. It just blows my mind to think that people this young are already this hardened. Like the kid who was killed robbing the c-store - what was he 14 or so?

It's a shame.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what freaks me out about this whole deal. I see those pictures, and I just see children. I am not apologizing for them or excusing their actions. It just blows my mind to think that people this young are already this hardened. Like the kid who was killed robbing the c-store - what was he 14 or so?

It's a shame.

I was at a class with an extremely experienced former Delta member and one of the things he insisted that distinguished our country from some of those he fought in was the manner in which we cherish children and seek retribution from those who harm them.

In so many other countries children are property or tools to achieve an end.

So freakin' sad.........:nolike:

Hopefully we are not developing this mentality.

Michael Brown

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading an article once in National Geographic with these 2 'kids',like 13 or 14,brothers who were the leaders of their unit in one of the countrys in central Africa that was in a civil war. They were sitting there smoking cigarettes and were excitedly talking about all of the enemies that they had killed and women they had kidnapped and raped,etcetc. These werent kids any more,if ever. They didnt grow up skateboarding or playing XBox or having a mommy tuck them in at night. They were recruited in the fight at 10 or less in some cases.

I look at my kid who just turned 14 and wonder if he would even know where to get a meal if we werent here. I think he's been raised pretty soft with all of the luxuries he has at his disposal growing up in a really nice neighborhood in a small town with alot of money outside of a large city in Oklahoma. He cries when he has to take the trash to the curb on Tuesdays or feed the dogs when he's in the middle of whatever video game he has his face in in his room. He has been allowed to have that idyllic childhood you read about in stories unlike poorer kids in the inner urban areas.

I was raised in the San Diego area in a not very nice tough neighborhood. Races were mixed up in a soup with the common denominator being we were all low-mid class. There were distinct racial and class distinctions there. We who were all low class no matter our race were seperated from the higher class. We the lower class were all trying to get on our own some of the nice stuff we saw the rich kids with who had been given theirs. By 17 or earlier you were already planning where you were going to go get your own life started,and every one I knew was hustling at something there just to get money to buy things you saw everyone else with cause your parents couldnt provide that stuff. Kids in suburbia get everything handed to them on a silver platter. Inner city urban kids not so much.

My 18 yr old daughter is a senior in highschool this year and is scared to leave home next summer. Her mother has even told her she doesnt have to go until shes ready. She's not going very far away anyways,to college,not to live on the streets. I had it way different. My dad took my key and said bye even before I walked across the stage and graduated. I was luckier than most of my friends though because they didnt even make it that far. Luckily I was skilled in art and music and I knew what it was I was going to do with my life once I got out of San Diego. I did it too. I went to art and music school in San Francisco, found a tattoo shop to apprentice in and played in bands on the side. I went on to own my own shop with my ex wife who I met in my first shop and also tattooed and have played in some successful rock bands over the years. Many friends of mine back home though who didnt make it ended up hustling at something,usually dealing drugs, and if they went to school it was to a different type of school- most likely in a southern California prison. Or died. I dont know how many of my old friends have died. And Im just now 41. Theres a big difference in people who grow up in suburban areas versus urban and inner city areas. A completely different mindset about survival. It starts younger with the not so fortunate.

But being poor and being from the inner city doesnt always have to be a negative. Plenty of kids fight the urge to join gangs or to be criminals and they go out and make something of themselves. Its just easier for some who are lazy to fall into the cycle of criminal behaviour early in life when kids have no one in their lives who care enough to keep them at home or to tell them no when they should. Once they enter the 'system' its a never ending cycle. Some make it out and some dont.

Latest posts

Top Bottom