1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sweet 16 Summer Mix

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Deer Slayer, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Sharpshooter

undeg01 shoot me a pm with your cell please

retrieverman likes this.
  2. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Sharpshooter

I am taking orders for the sweet 16 summer mix now. The plant rate is 17 pounds per acre and each acre will receive approximately 600,000 seeds per acre. I am going to pick up the order while I am out of town to save on shipping expense. A 50# bag is $95.00 which plants 3 acres or less than $32.00/acre with an agricultural exemption permit. This will feed your deer and birds. If you have any questions let me know. I will place the order Monday morning.

retrieverman likes this.
  3. OKRuss

OKRuss Marksman

Deer Slayer, I'm new to food plots in general but been reading your posts lately as I will be assisting an out-of-state friend on getting his newly acquired OK property to be a better deer habitat. If you plant this summer mix now, when it gets August or Sept would you mow it down, till/disc it under then plant your fall crops? If you do this, which fall crops would you recommend? This is sandy river bottom property in SE Ok around Ada. Much appreciate all the info you provide here.

4. skyhawk1

skyhawk1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'll take a bag, don't have farm exempt tho. Will PM my contact info

retrieverman likes this.
  5. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

Supporter
    He also sell a fall mix, and I planted 50# last fall mixed with wheat. It has grown really well on both my TX and OK places, and the deer have eaten it really well too.
    I’ve been feeding protein (dairy pellets) the last couple years, and the deer in OK about broke me last fall. They were eating a ton in two weeks or less. My goal this year is to grow my protein instead of buying it in a sack. My plan is to plant 20 acres of the summer mix and then plant a ton of BFO in the fall.

6. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Sharpshooter

To all - please PM me your cell number and I will be happy to fill in any details that you have or need. 7stw planted 1 ton of BFO's that I ordered in for him last fall and he said that the deer hit it 3:1 over the wheat. He said the deer hit it so hard that the ranch owners could increase the number of cattle on their wheat pasture.

retrieverman likes this.
  7. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Sharpshooter

To everyone that ordered the Sweet 16 mix it is in.
    OKRUSS - Please PM me with your cell number so that I can get more info on your situation and better answer it.

retrieverman likes this.
  8. skyhawk1

skyhawk1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Let me know where to pick it up.
    Thanks

retrieverman likes this.