Tac-Sol Barrel for Ruger 22/45 or Buckmark?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tac-Sol for which Pistol?

• Ruger 22/45

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Browning Buckmark

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted for the ruger because that's what I run. Wall has a bucmark with a sparrow and it's really nice too.
Items to consider;
The ruger tac-sol barrel IS THE GUN, so it has to be ordered by an FFL and shipped to them. The Buckmark tac-sol is just another barrel so you can order and receive it.
The ruger tac-sol halves the weight of the firearm, the buckmark, about 1/3 of the weight.
So, it's all up to personal preference.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both are great. I'd get one for whichever gun you already have. My only recommendation is to get the rail either way and the Ruger looks best in black and the Buckmark looks best sporting the OD .. The picture below is old. It has a 22/45 lower on it now and is ---VERY--- Light

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_IMG_0958.jpg

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the buckmark whisper. It comes with a threaded barrel and works great with my spectre. Not sure about the cost of the tac-sol barrels, it might be just as cheap to buy a ruger and add the barrel if cost is a factor.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00264.jpg

SWR Spectre on a MKII 22/45

22/45 really makes for a light pistol. If you get the 4.5 inch barrel you can use the cheaper HV 22LR and not have to worry about rounds going supersonic.

EXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are great. I'd get one for whichever gun you already have. My only recommendation is to get the rail either way and the Ruger looks best in black and the Buckmark looks best sporting the OD .. The picture below is old. It has a 22/45 lower on it now and is ---VERY--- Light

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_IMG_0958.jpg

Well, I have both just trying to decide which one i would rather have it on.....
That is one sweet looking pistol!

redline

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the buckmark would be much easier to do, no ffl required, easy to change the barrel your self, better original trigger. just my 2 cents and it is also may future plan.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Tac-Sol barrel on my Buckmark. One word of advice. Get a good allen wrench to remove the barrel nut. I broke the first one I tried off in the head of the bolt. Cheap bit with my screwdriver set. grabbed the craftsman one out of the tool box and bent the crap out of it trying to break that bolt loose.

once its loose it comes off easy. barrel holds firm as well. get the Tac-Sol rail while you are at it. I picked up one that doesn't have the built in sight. Not to easy to switch between reddot and irons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom