Tactical Glock set up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Accurate Iron Glock 21SF, LW threaded barrel, TLR-1S. stock sights. Accurate as Eff.

999784_10202566406903663_303554271_n.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have an actual justification for what you want to do, and you've researched to confirm that it won't degrade reliability, then do what you want.

The KKM barrel is a good choice if you want to shoot lead. If it's for comp & defense (I don't buy into the whole "Tactical or SHTF" stuff), I'd opt for Trijicon HD's or Ameriglo Spartan Tactical or I-DOT sights. Their front sights offer about 85% of the daytime brightness of a fiber optic, with the benefit of tritium vials for low light.

If you're shooting competition mainly, look at Dawson fiber optics. They are the overwhelming favorite for action pistol shooters.

I'm not a fan of Glock trigger kits. I've seen more issues with them than just about everything else people tend to throw on Glocks (well, that and poorly fit aftermarket barrels with chambers that are too tight). The DIY $.25 trigger job will get you a long ways in competition. If I had to get a drop in kit, it would be a Vanek.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's always a good idea to have a light on a tactical/defensive gun, the aftermarket barrel is a good idea for shooting lead, I don't compete so I have no idea what the other stuff does. I've always put Hogue wraparounds on my guns so never had any need for stippling. I love RMR's so I like that idea. If I could afford to have my M&P40 or G21 milled I'd put RMR's on both of them.

A G20 with an aftermarket barrel with a light on the rail and an RMR with a mag full of Buffalo Bore hard cast ammo would make an awesome hunting sidearm.

I think with the new competitive models of the M&P line they are pre milled for you so you don't have to send it off anywhere to have something like an RMR on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think with the new competitive models of the M&P line they are pre milled for you so you don't have to send it off anywhere to have something like an RMR on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the CORE model comes cut out but unfortunately, mines not a CORE. Sure wish I would have waited and got a CORE but at the time they were few and far between so I got a standard full size M&P40.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found much better value out of using factory ammunition as opposed to saving a few bucks with lead.

I have very little cleaning to deal with. (Ask UMB... :rotflmao: )
When I go to shoot a match or a class I have very little to worry about in the realm of malfunctions or poor quality ammo that might not run. Don't fight your equipment when you should be learning.
It's what the gun was made for.
The cost of a match barrel is equal to at least half a case of quality ammo or a decent pistol class....

Almost without exception the sole purpose (In my not so humble opinion...) of aftermarket Glock trigger is to separate fools from their money. Some of them even have serious safety concerns. I have that exact same concern any time I hear of someone advocating the polishing of fire control parts on a weapon. You want to smooth the bits and pieces out? Shoot it!

'Tactical' pistol... To me that's a gun that I might use to save my life or someone else's. In other words life support equipment. Thinking about it in that light should make you think for a second about monkeying around with the parts and guts of the thing.

Two mods stand out as absolute necessities for glocks: STEEL sights and plenty of factory magazines. That's it.

Weaponlights? Possibly handy. However COMMA there is still a need to ID something or search for things without pointing a gun at it. A quality handheld light is a requirement, far moreso than a pistol mounted light.

Seek quality training. It matters.

As you shoot and train you might identify small things that you want to improve. After shooting in the rain or the heat of the summer you'll probably realize that anything which helps you get a better grip is good. Your gun will probably sport some skateboard tape after that.

Until you can either out shoot your stock pistol or come damn close to doing so a lot of this is just spending money for the sake of spending money. Try shooting the Hackathorn Standards some time. If you end up on the high half of the acceptable scoring range or higher then knock yourself out with customizing your blasters. If not you might want to work on the fundamentals a bit more. ;)

This is the first glock I ever bought, a G19. It was how I transitioned from 1911s. I've had this gun now for nearly six years. The only changes are a Glock OEM minus (-) connector, a Glock 17 trigger (no serrations on the face of the trigger), Warren sights and I'm trying a grip force adapter. Not sure about that last part though... Skate tap doesn't count as a mod to me. No stippling, no polishing (outside of what 8 or 9,000 rounds and lots of dry fire will do anyways. :D ) and a stock barrel.

Photo%20Sep%2021%2C%2022%2022%2040.jpg

Simple gear and a dark, ill-intentioned heart will carry the day.

Ek

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I've finally figured out how my set up may be.
On my Glock 35 Gen 3 I will have: Dawson Precision fiber optic sights
Ghost Bullet forward slide release
Glockmeister extended mag release
Glockmeister Stainless steel recoil spring
Glockmeister "Reaper" Slide cover (That's just for the "cool status")
Holster: Safariland Competition 014 LH Red

On the Glock 20 Gen 4: Trijicon Night sights (or maybe Trijicon RMR)
Glockmeister "American Flag" Slide cover
Streamlight TRL-2s
Holster: Raven Custom Phantom

I'd appreciate it though if someone could give me some info on where I can ship the frames off to to get a super nice stippling job done.
Plus if anyone else has any other good ideas for a good set up that would be nice.
Like I said, the Glock 35 is a Competition/Tactical gun and the Glock 20 is a Fun/Tactical/SHTF gun.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I've finally figured out how my set up may be.
On my Glock 35 Gen 3 I will have: Dawson Precision fiber optic sights
Glockmeister "Reaper" Slide cover (That's just for the "cool status")
Holster: Safariland Competition 014 LH Red

On the Glock 20 Gen 4: Trijicon Night sights (or maybe Trijicon RMR)
Glockmeister "American Flag" Slide cover
Streamlight TRL-2s
Holster: Raven Custom Phantom

I'd appreciate it though if someone could give me some info on where I can ship the frames off to to get a super nice stippling job done.
Plus if anyone else has any other good ideas for a good set up that would be nice.
Like I said, the Glock 35 is a Competition/Tactical gun and the Glock 20 is a Fun/Tactical/SHTF gun.

Mike (olyeller) used to do a heck of a job on stippling. I suppose he still does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom