Tactical Glock set up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hell yeah; not like the hammered dog turds I see on here lately.
My favorite thing is when they do a craptastic job of mutilating their Glock and then post if for sale as 'Custom, badazz, one-of-a-kind' blah blah. Some people should not have access to dremels and soldering irons

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've found much better value out of using factory ammunition as opposed to saving a few bucks with lead.

I have very little cleaning to deal with. (Ask UMB... :rotflmao: )
When I go to shoot a match or a class I have very little to worry about in the realm of malfunctions or poor quality ammo that might not run. Don't fight your equipment when you should be learning.
It's what the gun was made for.
The cost of a match barrel is equal to at least half a case of quality ammo or a decent pistol class....

Almost without exception the sole purpose (In my not so humble opinion...) of aftermarket Glock trigger is to separate fools from their money. Some of them even have serious safety concerns. I have that exact same concern any time I hear of someone advocating the polishing of fire control parts on a weapon. You want to smooth the bits and pieces out? Shoot it!

'Tactical' pistol... To me that's a gun that I might use to save my life or someone else's. In other words life support equipment. Thinking about it in that light should make you think for a second about monkeying around with the parts and guts of the thing.

Two mods stand out as absolute necessities for glocks: STEEL sights and plenty of factory magazines. That's it.

Weaponlights? Possibly handy. However COMMA there is still a need to ID something or search for things without pointing a gun at it. A quality handheld light is a requirement, far moreso than a pistol mounted light.

Seek quality training. It matters.

As you shoot and train you might identify small things that you want to improve. After shooting in the rain or the heat of the summer you'll probably realize that anything which helps you get a better grip is good. Your gun will probably sport some skateboard tape after that.

Until you can either out shoot your stock pistol or come damn close to doing so a lot of this is just spending money for the sake of spending money. Try shooting the Hackathorn Standards some time. If you end up on the high half of the acceptable scoring range or higher then knock yourself out with customizing your blasters. If not you might want to work on the fundamentals a bit more. ;)

This is the first glock I ever bought, a G19. It was how I transitioned from 1911s. I've had this gun now for nearly six years. The only changes are a Glock OEM minus (-) connector, a Glock 17 trigger (no serrations on the face of the trigger), Warren sights and I'm trying a grip force adapter. Not sure about that last part though... Skate tap doesn't count as a mod to me. No stippling, no polishing (outside of what 8 or 9,000 rounds and lots of dry fire will do anyways. :D ) and a stock barrel.

Photo%20Sep%2021%2C%2022%2022%2040.jpg

Simple gear and a dark, ill-intentioned heart will carry the day.

Ek

Well put sir. Well put. :clap3:

The only "custom" additions I have on my 2nd gen Glock 22 and 3rd gen Glock 27 is an aftermarket beavertail grip.

The G22 also wears a factory/OEM ext. slide stop and an extended mag release which is actually a factory/OEM Glock 20/21 mag button.

Everything inside of both is just as it left the factory.

I still need to install some steel/tritium sights on both...I just can't decide if I want the standard 3 dots or the XS Big Dots.

I echo the quality training and a quality hand held tactical flashlight (Surefire and Streamlight are best) with a forward clickie tail cap which allows momentary on capabilities. Beware...some flashlights have tailcap clickie buttons but they could be reverse clickies which means they don't come on until you "click" 'em on, meaning they don't posses the momentary on feature

I'm not gonna say a rail mounted weaponlight is a "bad" thing but with a rail light, you are breaking one of the four fundamentals of firearm safety by pointing your weapon at someone or something that you might not want to kill/destroy.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite thing is when they do a craptastic job of mutilating their Glock and then post if for sale as 'Custom, badazz, one-of-a-kind' blah blah. Some people should not have access to dremels and soldering irons

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a G19 that a friend of mine did and to me it looks every bit as good as Mike's work. That said I have seen some crap. Check out SSVI, he does some cool stippling.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a G19 that a friend of mine did and to me it looks every bit as good as Mike's work. That said I have seen some crap. Check out SSVI, he does some cool stippling.

Agreed. I'll put my grip work and stippling up against anyone's. I'm talking about the guys that look like they rushed it after getting bored with it after 10 mins

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I'll put my grip work and stippling up against anyone's. I'm talking about the guys that look like they rushed it after getting bored with it after 10 mins

That would be me, luckily I've only tried it on some Pmags. I knew I was out of my league and was no way trying it on a pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom