Tankless Water Heater Experiences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way I would buy a home from a seller not willing to get an appliance policy.

First policy was in 1978, seller paid 100%. Home was 8 yrs old. First year, we replaced dishwasher, water heater and then A/C unit. Saved us a fortune, we didn't have.

The water heater I just replaced was a State Select, installed in 2012. Expected it to last several more years. Controller went out. Over 10 year old, no parts available. Have had 2 since then. Both of them saved us.

Bought a Rheem to replace old unit. Hope I never have to buy another.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about installing one myself rather than paying a plumber to do something I could do, it seems pretty straight forward once the initial purchase.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about installing one myself rather than paying a plumber to do something I could do, it seems pretty straight forward once the initial purchase.
It’s not straight forward, it’s far far mor complicated. Look it up on YouTube. All kinds of code requirements

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe things are different now, mine was pretty simple to install. supply in and hot out. gas supply to the unit. i did run about 6 feet of copper on the hot side before going to pex as per the installation instructions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom