taurus public defender opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they rock. Very fun to shoot and they make a great farm/truck gun.

My father-in-law has a friend that shot his finger off with his though. He was out moving cattle and in one of his fields when he was holstering it the hammer cought on his holster and pulled back enough to fire it. It only had bird shot in it and luckily only degloved his index finger. Hes ok now and a whole lot more careful.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Judge Magnum SS, and two Judge Ultra lites, one for my MIL. I use the copper coated 000 buck in them because it is like shooting 3-5 22lr bullets in every shot. One is gonna hit your target. At 25 ft, she is getting most of buck shot into a gallon milk jug. I also like to load them with slugs more than the 45 LC, because the slugs are travilling at 1700 fps vs lc at about 900 fps.

I am going to by a Public Defender as well, but am waiting on the 2010 model of it as the hammer onthe new model is slightly bigger for ease of pulling back vs the pre 2010 models which are a bobbed hammer. I can cock it back for SA, but it is more work than I want.

aod93gt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was out moving cattle and in one of his fields when he was holstering it the hammer cought on his holster and pulled back enough to fire it.

That doesn't sound likely. I think those revolvers have a bar type safty that prevent the firing pin from being struck without the trigger being pulled. I don't know why someone would want to modify the safty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom