Taylors/Uberti/Cimarron Schofield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All...

Few questions about the Italian made Schofield
www.taylorsfirearms.com_media_catalog_category_Schofield_Category_462.jpg

Do you have one? What caliber? I have heard the bigger calibers(45LC & 44-40) can be problem-matic as the gun was originally designed for the smaller round... .45 Schofield or .45 Smith & Wesson.

If I buy one I've always wanted one in .38 special.

So...give me the pros and cons of this single action. NO.....I am not comparing it to a Colt SAA.....I have several Colt 2&3rd generation.

Just thought it might be kinda cool to have one in the 7" barrel/38 Special.

Give me the scoop on this type of pistol. I have handled them ALOT...just never got to shoot one and put it through it's paces.

I'd like the nickel...ALL nickel!!! I can't stand the nickel with blue screws...:smack:

Yes to this....NO BLUED SCREWS!!!
www.collectorsfirearms.com_product_images_p_542_PR17383c__66015.jpg

Yes to this...
files.harrispublications.com_wp_content_uploads_sites_11_2014_10_DSC_6716.gif

Yes to these...

Charlie Prince leather rig
4572bb8593349d7626fb588f03062cc6.jpg

Slim Jim...
photos.imageevent.com_newfrontier45_leatherwork_large_IMG_2878b.jpg

Jesse James...
artandrews.com_wp_content_uploads_2008_04_jj_rig.jpg

Even a Cross-Draw
www.willghormley_maker.com_JJ_Colt_Prairie_Twist_Draw_op_617x800.jpg

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read some stuff about them on the SASS wire, only actually shot one, and that was many years ago. The rear sight is very tiny, hard to get a good sight picture with them. It takes a longer thumb to reach the hammer. None of the top tier of SASS shooters use them, it's been a long time since I've seen one at a match.
I've read the cylinder pin fouls up pretty quick with black powder loads.
The Uberti has a longer cylinder than the originals, hence you can get them in .44-40 and .45Colt.
I've said a lot of negatives, but I'd still get one if eating wasn't a priority.
The originals were very popular in the old west, sales were very close to Colt sales. Much easier and faster to reload.

Latest posts

Top Bottom