TCSO: Deputy shouldn't be charged because he confused his weapons (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mistakenly reached for, unholstered, presented, and then fired his pistol when he thought it was a taser? And it is common?
I gotta say, that sounds like horse **** to me. Or at the very least a very serious training deficiency which should not be an viable and accepted excuse.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mistakenly reached for, unholstered, presented, and then fired his pistol when he thought it was a taser? And it is common?
I gotta say, that sounds like horse **** to me. Or at the very least a very serious training deficiency which should not be an viable and accepted excuse.
Winner Winner Chikin Dinner!!!!!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I can't imagine it myself, but it's happened numerous times and all indications in many of the cases are that it was completely unintentional. Misfiring brain signals perhaps? I have no idea.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hope you're right about that GTG. If that is the case, dismissing it as an oopsie; like it appears to have been done in this story, is inexcusable in my opinion.
If you make that kind of mistake, while under the kind of stress commensurate with the job of being an officer/deputy etc., at the very least you shouldnt be allowed to continue in that capacity. And that is if no one is injured by your actions.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why in the world would TCSO allow a 73 yr old reserve deputy to participate in a gun buy with a potential for turning violent?

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just watched the video. Changed my mind. Too bad for the deputy to make that mistake. Look like an adult felon during a felony drug and firearms sells. Happiness is a warm gun. Officer excused.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope you're right about that GTG. If that is the case, dismissing it as an oopsie; like it appears to have been done in this story, is inexcusable in my opinion.
If you make that kind of mistake, while under the kind of stress commensurate with the job of being an officer/deputy etc., at the very least you shouldnt be allowed to continue in that capacity. And that is if no one is injured by your actions.

God forbid I should ever make a mistake of this type, I'd hang up the duty rig for good even if I was exonerated. It's a lot to consider, more so when you do it on a volunteer basis. :(

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoken like a professional, GTG. Thanks.

Just watched the video. Changed my mind. Too bad for the deputy to make that mistake. Look like an adult felon during a felony drug and firearms sells. Happiness is a warm gun. Officer excused.

I think i saw the same video as you. Which part of it justified the use of deadly force in your eyes?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cleveland officer facing trial in 137-shot barrage says he cannot recall shooting

Michael Brelo, who fired 15 rounds into a car windshield, is charged with voluntary manslaughter in deaths of Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams

April 2015

His footprints were found on the hood of a beat-up Chevy Malibu that had been strafed by police gunfire, killing its two unarmed occupants after a high-speed chase over streets and freeways in and around Cleveland.

Yet Officer Michael Brelo told investigators he couldn’t remember standing on the hood and firing the final 15 rounds of a 137-shot barrage down into the windshield – even though a rookie cop told those same investigators that Brelo talked about it days afterward.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/05/cleveland-officer-michael-brelo-137-shots-trial

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoken like a professional, GTG. Thanks.

I think i saw the same video as you. Which part of it justified the use of deadly force in your eyes?
Deadly force not needed in the chase. But the mistake from the officer was made and is unfortunate. Felons still doing felon stuff shouldn't warrant charges against the officer for the incident unless proof shows he used firearm on purpose to use deadly force. Looks to be a mistake under the stress of those situations that can happen. The ability of the officer to continue in law enforcement should be the question in your eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom