TCSO: Deputy shouldn't be charged because he confused his weapons (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched the deputy get interviewed on the Today show this morning.
Had his lawyer and family on the set.
According to the lawyer, the accusations of falsified training records are coming from an ex member of the dept. that was terminated 7 years ago, and is currently facing 1st degree murder charges.

I heard that on KRMG this morning. So, I guess he has nothing to lose, I wonder what he might gain from those statements?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, this all headed nowhere but the crapper for all involved and when it hits, the splashover is going to get on a lot of uninvolved people. If Bates doesn't already have his assets in a trust, there won't be anything left for the family. On the manslaughter charges, Bates probably never sees a courtroom after arraignment with a plea deal of some kind. Civil suit will also never see a courtroom, just a settlement conference. Likely to be an extended negotiation if the plaintiff's lawyers take a "joint and several liability" approach which puts the county at the table, along with any other deep pockets yet to be named.

Bette Davis had it right: "It's going to be a bumpy ride."

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My (Admittedly naive) prediction. The Tulsa Co. Sheriff, possibly Mayor and probably a few others are going to get the boot over this. Might take a while, but there's plenty of time for the Feds to comb over all the details, relevant or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom