Tell me about a Glock 29

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of mine had one. we shot blazer ammo through it and it worked well. Recoil wasnt bad at all maybe a smidge over how a G23 feels but not as snappy as a G27. But regardless im sure it would have been somewhat different with full power loads of course. Great caliber and hey its a glock so you know it'll run.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're reloading the 10mm is like a penny more per round than 40S&W

You can often load 10 down to 40 S&W specs... but you can't go the other way ;)

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually went and held one of these today. Wish I didn't have hands in the size of girl. Those things are thick. Still want one though.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one, carry it every day. I love it so far. Never fails to go bang. 10mm does great in the short barrel. I can conceal it in shorts with belt loops and a t-shirt easily.

I use a Looper Leather belt and MTAC IWB holster and it's very comfy. It does have a bit of recoil with the full power ammo (i.e. Double Tap, Buffalo Bore) but with a little practice its very easy to control.

If you're going to shoot the full power rounds I would recommend getting a heavier recoil spring. It reduces wear and tear and muzzel flip.

If you're going to reload, make sure you do your homework. Most of what I've read recommends an aftermarket barrel with a supported chamber.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Here is my gripe about Glock and 10mm. First, they are fantastic pistols and can take the 10 day in and day out. If you spend the cash on 10mm ammo from doubletap and don't care what brass looks like, then enjoy! If you plan to reload then the Glock barrel will kill your brass if you load to any decent power level. I had a G20 and switched to a longer 6" barrel thinking it would give me more velocity, but because it was not polygonal rifling it was about the same velocity as the 5" G20 barrel was despite being 1" longer. So, keep Glock barrel, brass=destroyed, switch to a better supported barrel, lose a lot of velocity but keep your brass workable.

Good luck,

Alan

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A shop here in town? OPS? Sports World? I'd like to check one out. Any in OD green?

Gah, sorry. Too much lead inhaled at the Tulsa Firearms range today. I held a G30, though as I understand it they are identical in terms of their frames. They didn't have any 29s in stock.

My membership is about to expire so I'd figure I'd make use of it one more time.

You might check with Mark over at Sooner Guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom