tell me if i did the right thing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a rabbit once and watched as my father walked up and ended his life by thumping him in the head with a large stick. It's not always fun, but sometimes an animal must die. It may come by shooting or by blunt force.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree with what you did. The animal is already injured and you tried to put him out of his misery. As far as accuracy... People miss.. Happens every year. You did the right thing.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is probably the only situation I would appluad somebody for attempting a shot beyond what they felt comfortable. Wounded animal that is suffering. You have nothing to lose at that point. If you feel like that is the best shot he was gonna present, take it. Either way that animal is gonna die. If you get lucky and connect you end his suffering quicker. If you miss (or even hit non-vitally) at least you can say you tried, cuz he is gonna die anyway.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I feel much better now. He didn't show up this morning. Nothing showed up this morning...but I feel like I did right.

ya did right. Being ethical is TRYING to make the ethical decision. It might not always work out, but if you tried, then you were as ethical as you could be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom