Testing Retirement ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... GC has been off work for a couple of weeks now on vacation. He gets his August schedule and due to circumstances beyond my control he is gonna be off for most of the month. :ooh2:

Is this what retirment is gonna be like?? :scratch: And how do you folks who are retired deal with being around each other all the friggin' time?? :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Don't get me wrong, I love GC ... BUT I am so happy when he goes somewhere!! (Thank you LoneWolf'49!!!) :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I get tired of being around myself all the time and know my wife is ready for me to be back at work after time off.....but I can't stand to not be working, so I will probably be doing something outside of the house until I die.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During my 21 years in the Marines my wife and I rarely saw each other. Since 2007 we have been together almost 24/7. Work side by side and all too. People don't understand how we do it. I guess all I can say is she is my best friend and thats all I have to say about that.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it is. When I retired back in 96 my wife was worried about that. We spent a lot of time at the lake and when we were home I spent a lot of time on the computer in another room. She also started to have me do a lot of the shopping. Then she got into shooting and we have a lot of fun together doing that. It is a big change in life style for both.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really hasn't been that rough so far ... I don't think I've cooked a single meal since he's been off ... :woohoo1: I just don't want him to get bored with me (or me get so tired of him that I start plotting his demise! ;) ) ...

Of course the heat isn't helping any. We had planned on doing a LOT of yard work in the back yard the last couple of weeks ... What actually happened was we sat around in the house and talked a lot about what we needed to get done in the back yard. :rotflmao:

Maybe I should take him up to the Capitol Building and the Gov's Mansion for the old folks' tour! :rotflmao:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you have to be around each other all the time?? BB get in your car and go do something or GC get in your car and go do something.

If I could get in the car and go somewhere I would ... Why do you think he came to the Benefit Match without me Sunday?? :scratch::ooh2::rotflmao:

Perplexed ... WHERE in the world do you find this stuff?? :rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom