Testing Retirement ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have jobs, a daughter, and lots of demands on your time. Getting together alone is a challenge and a sweet reward. As it should be for young couples because that's how you build the secret story of your marriage...one memory at a time.

When you are literally together 24/7 it's a challenge to find things you haven't experienced together. And you need that to keep life fresh and interesting. It's not that I want to do things without him. It's doing some things alone so we still have the sense of independence that we found attractive in one another.

Bless you ... you are so much more eloquent than I am ... ;)

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny, I was talking to my wife last night about how I really wish we could be with each other all the time. She's my very best friend and I can't think of anything I like doing that is more fun without her.

Your wife lurks on this forum huh? Or he posted and then left it up for her to see? Which one is it?

Brother Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... GC has been off work for a couple of weeks now on vacation. He gets his August schedule and due to circumstances beyond my control he is gonna be off for most of the month. :ooh2:

Is this what retirment is gonna be like?? :scratch: And how do you folks who are retired deal with being around each other all the friggin' time?? :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Don't get me wrong, I love GC ... BUT I am so happy when he goes somewhere!! (Thank you LoneWolf'49!!!) :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Mine was the exact opposite of yours. I got sick and wound up disabled in 05 ( just ten years earlier than planned) and my sweetie kept working until the Corporation she worked for went belly up. Then she was home ALL the time searching for a job. She even tried to arrange my kitchen cabinets, like she was going to start cooking again. Plus we have one of those shotgun kitchens and with my petite frame (6'0"/255lbs) it gets crowded with two trying to work in there.
We worked it out. Thankfully we have two offices in the house, two tv's and some space so we can do our own thing. I must say I get up every morning now and watch her go off to work so I can get my day's work done. It is amazing how you get into a pattern of doing things your own way and then someone comes along with a "better" way cause they are trying to "help" you.
We have been together 17 years and it is great, but I don't know how it is going to be in another 10 when she retires on a full time basis. Should have her shooting competitively by then and so that should give us something to fill in the "dull" moments. Enjoy your time together and appreciate you time apart. Jim

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not a problem, I have been retired since 2004 .... just tend to get bored a bit ..........Thanx for the Gun Hobby .... :) Yes, down in Altus it has been too hot to even go shooting .... :( BTW, 3:30 AM here and it is still 86!

Latest posts

Top Bottom