texas gets 300 million from espn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the information I heard on the Sports Animal was accurate I say major KUDOS to Texas because it sounds like it was a deal HEAVILY lopsided in their favor. I don't necessarily love or hate Texas but I like what they did, it sounds like they talked ESPN into paying 300 mil for the rights to broadcast one, maybe two football games and then a bunch of crap that no one outside of a hardcore Texas fan is going to be interested in. Does ESPN thing that Texas baseball and volleyball is going to attract a lot of viewers???

NeekReevers

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the reason the the rest of the Big XII South teams made a mistake by not jumping to the PAC10. OU can probably get its own network but there aren't near enough television sets in Oklahoma or a big enough alumni base to command anywhere close to what Texas can get. Even jointly OU/OSU couldn't get anything close to this. It's a great deal for Texas and a bad deal for everyone else left in what used to be the Big 12.

Latest posts

Top Bottom