That's it, game over. Maybe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that he is testing the water temp for the real powers. I suspect it is extremely difficult to be a fellow traveler and posses an original, unfiltered thought, Does anyone recall the term 'Useful Idiot'?

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, he really made it easier to go to college when he signed the new healthcare law that also banished private student loans. That directly affected me, and continues to affect several of my friends in a very negative way.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, he really made it easier to go to college when he signed the new healthcare law that also banished private student loans. That directly affected me, and continues to affect several of my friends in a very negative way.

And now you have to depend on the government for your loans. It precisely what he wanted, the jackwagon.

The funny thing is my loans that were from a public source (OU Lew Wentz Foundation) have been sold to a private entity (OSLA). Of course, OSLA serviced the loans before but now they also hold the debt. The whole deal is screwy.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Explain this to me more, please? I have billions in public and private loans, but I was unaware that private loans have been affected so strongly by some Obama policy.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Explain this to me more, please? I have billions in public and private loans, but I was unaware that private loans have been affected so strongly by some Obama policy.

To mhphoto's point, I have a couple of student loans, some federal some private. When Obama Care passed I received a call from the financial aid department telling me we needed to adjust my paperwork. I go in there, and they say with the new laws that 2 of my 3 private loans are becoming federal loans. On top of that, they raised the intrest rate from 4% to 11% and shortened my payback period. They didn't shorten it enough to ourweight the intrest rate (I'll be paying a lot more than planned now).

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It was part of Obamacare. No more private student loans. They can only be gotten through the government now.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To mhphoto's point, I have a couple of student loans, some federal some private. When Obama Care passed I received a call from the financial aid department telling me we needed to adjust my paperwork. I go in there, and they say with the new laws that 2 of my 3 private loans are becoming federal loans. On top of that, they raised the intrest rate from 4% to 11% and shortened my payback period. They didn't shorten it enough to ourweight the intrest rate (I'll be paying a lot more than planned now).

We just went through the same thing with my wife's loans. Of coarse we all know, Obama knows whats best for us.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since my loans were already being paid back (as in, I have been out of school and paying for some time), the rates are unaffected. But they were federal loan program loans to begin with (Stafford). Still funny though that the original lender was OU, and now the loans are owned by a private entity (though they are still federally guaranteed).

But I cannot now get a private loan with terms agreeable by me and the lender, if the terms are outside of the federal student loan program. How much sense do this make to you guys? It all makes very little to me. Unless I consider that BHO may be in-cahoots with all the entities that want to offer federally guaranteed loans, and screw the true private lenders. Then it makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom