The Battle of the Bulge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I went to college with was there (among other incredible places and events).
He and his tank captured 5 infiltrators.

They were suspicious because there were 5 guys in the Jeep and there were standing orders to never have more than 4.
Then they noticed that the Jeep didn't have blackout lights.

I truly believe that the men and women who fought those battles (European, African, Pacific, etc) were a breed that we may never see again.
Whenever I have had the chance to talk with them, I have always felt humbled.

Dave

primeoflife321

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad was there. Golden Acorns 87th Infantry G-345. Quoted from the 87th Infantry Division History: "The 345th waged a vicious 3 day battle in a wood inside Germany capturing a sector of the woods approx a mile long but only 50 yards wide in places. The battalion held this strip against repeated counter-attacks from three sides".

Thanks Dad

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A guy I went to college with was there (among other incredible places and events).
He and his tank captured 5 infiltrators.

They were suspicious because there were 5 guys in the Jeep and there were standing orders to never have more than 4.
Then they noticed that the Jeep didn't have blackout lights.

I truly believe that the men and women who fought those battles (European, African, Pacific, etc) were a breed that we may never see again.
Whenever I have had the chance to talk with them, I have always felt humbled.

Dave

This is why I ask their names. These brave men have earned the right to be honored individually as well as in groups. Bless them all, bless them each, thank you for my life.

WWB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a client who was an MP during the Battle of the Bulge. The english speaking german infiltrators wore captured American uniforms. The infiltrators had a pinhead size white pin that was worn on their left collar as a way of recognizing each other. Very difficult to notice unless you were looking for it. He captured one infiltrator by spotting the white pin. His name was Leo Pigg from Locust Grove.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad was captured during the Battle of the Bulge and spent 5 mos. in a German POW camp. I don't know near as much as I'd like. The war was one thing he didn't like talking about. His name was Chester Dean from Maysville.

Latest posts

Top Bottom