The Chevy VOLT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say what you will about the Volt... but I'm hoping they can succeed with the tech. I'm a rabid fan of the the Volt and would own one if I had a better paying job. My only complaint is the low electric range, but they ought to be able to get that up to a more reasonable number as technology improves. Hopefully they can keep it alive long enough for people to see past the politics and start buying them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Say what you will about the Volt... but I'm hoping they can succeed with the tech. I'm a rabid fan of the the Volt and would own one if I had a better paying job. My only complaint is the low electric range, but they ought to be able to get that up to a more reasonable number as technology improves. Hopefully they can keep it alive long enough for people to see past the politics and start buying them.

Hopefully they can make it good enough that people start buying it, without it costing us $7500.00 a pop.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why are you a rabid fan of the Volt? It it different than the Japanese electric vehicles already available?

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully they can make it good enough that people start buying it, without it costing us $7500.00 a pop.

The credit applies to many cars, not just the Volt. Not saying it's a good idea, but it isn't just the Volt. Also, it's a credit. For someone like me that always gets a refund, I don't apply for a dime of the credit.

Why are you a rabid fan of the Volt? It it different than the Japanese electric vehicles already available?

The only widely available Japanese EV I'm aware of is the Leaf, which I'm not a big fan of the styling. Perhaps there are others, but I hadn't found them during my research. I'm a fan of the Volt specifically because despite it's relatively short EV range, it will keep going after the battery runs out by using the gas generator. I don't want to get stranded on the side of the road when the battery runs out. Also, the Volt looks like a normal car. Many other hybrids and EV's just look strange.

The Volt isn't perfect, mostly because of the price. If they could cut the price in half I think it would make a perfect small car for the trip back and forth to work every day. As more people buy them I expect the economies of scale to kick in and the price should come down. I'd certainly encourage you to go take one for a spin just to see how they drive. It's fun to drive because the torque from the batteries is instantly available.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the .gov should be spending untold millions supporting an inferior technology that is not demanded by the free market, said support a result of political agendas based upon unsound science.

I can't think of a reason why the Volt should be in existence right now, according to the general precepts of capitalism, which are supposed to be the foundation of our economy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom