The end of Lurker66?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some stuff I just don't see because I'm not here as often as I'd like. However, you guys are right about the need for uniformity.

I think you guys have seen that things have lightened up considerably since I bought the place. Trouble is you can't please everyone. Inherently, I'm a fair person (O gasp! A fair injury lawyer?), and I really do respect the rights of you guys to voice your opinions, so long as it's within the bounds of some type of reason. We have to have some rules.

Also, just a tip from Uncle JB, it's a lot easier to fix a mess if it's not made in public. In other words, when egos get involved in ****, and people "feel the need" to be right, or have their say, they paint themselves and others into corners. It's not a good way to handle disputes.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some apparently know exactly where the edge of the envelope is and some don't. So, SlugSlinger started a thread to 'boast' (my words) about Lurker66 being banned by saying "good riddance" (his words this time). He (SS) violated 3 out of the top 4 rules, depending on what point of view you take with it. Then to take it further, he posts a Simpsons vid laughing about it? Seems like being a (#1) dick and (#2) carrying things too far and (#4) being nasty. Maybe the 3rd time is a charm for being put into timeout. I mean...damn.

and then Lurker got busted by violating most of the rules above on post #31. so I get it. a private area on OSA and this thread would never have been this heated/created.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but damn, damn.
It's all in who you are nasty to, and what topics you carry too far on what days.

The narrative 'you guys are impossible to please' is ********. The majority of members have been asking for one thing consistently. One thing.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anarchy rocks. Actually, if we had thicker skinned mods that didn't have sticks up their asses the forum would be a bit more pleasant. I'm not suggesting that we have no rules, but we are adults and if a mod talks down to a member the member shouldn't be banned for telling the mod to go pleasure his/herself.

Anarchy doesn't rock. It quickly grows tiresome. Mods should not talk down to members. Members should not disrespect mods. My opinion is that mods should stay out of heated exchanges and topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom