Update! Good news! (Broken Arrow Post Office strikes again.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am so happy with my post office/usually letter carrier here in Norman. But it was a long time coming. When I first moved here in '92 I had the worst carrier know to mankind. Don't know where my mail went but I never got most of it, which sucked I missed many unemployment letters. I finally went down to the post office to complain and guess who I got, that lazy fracker. So I start to talk to him about my mail and he actually says to me "What do you want me to do about it, dude?" Well I just yell at him "First your a federal employee so I am not a DUDE, you will address me as SIR",I just got out of the Air Force, then said ":Get me your Supervisor now!" Holy crud you could have heard a pin drop in the lobby, I have a loud voice anyway so when I yell it is amazing. Well things got some what better but not great. Well I was talking to my slum lord about the mail and they got a petition to sign to request his butt to be fired or moved. The whole neighborhood signed it. He was gone in a week. Later on in 95-98, I had moved to another area, I never got mail on a OU football game day ever, really didn't care. I guess the mail man who worked on weekends had season tickets and just blew off his route, other than that it was fine. Now other than when my carrier is on vacation my mail service is great. Fedex still sucks and I hate them.

hatband

New to the site!
Reaction score
This problem is rampant everywhere. Sent a postal MO to Washington state for a magazine around Jan. 9th. It never landed there. For a fee of $18.00 The post office will trace the serial #. My money, their MO and the buyer pays for their insufficient service. Next time someone asks for a money order they either get a check or I will walk on the transaction.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Update: we left a note in the mailbox yesterday and saw the postal guy come by. He read the note. Scowled. And tossed it.

However, (and, this is the good news), our neighbor from two streets over brought it to the house. The post guy delivered it to the wrong house and the resident there brought it to our house.

(OP:)
I ordered a gun part from Midway and they shipped it, initially, UPS. UPS handed it off to the USPS. I got updates: "On the way." "Being delivered today." "Congratulations. Your item has been delivered."

Except, it was never delivered. Not to me, anyway. I'm sure some elderly lady got it and didn't look at the intended recipient, opened it, and, "What on earth?"

My postal guy. I see him go by, and sometimes he'll pass the house two or three times to deliver mail he missed. I miss the lady who used to be on my route. She was efficient. This guy. Not so much.

I called Midway and they said their policy is to wait 48 hours before they did anything.

First world problems, huh?
You watched the guy read the note? Maybe an actual conversation might have been a better option but good that you got if from an honest neighbor.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daily postal carrier is good. Vacation replacement . . .?
Received two boxes from Fedex this week. Both heavily damaged and stuff broke inside.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This problem is rampant everywhere. Sent a postal MO to Washington state for a magazine around Jan. 9th. It never landed there. For a fee of $18.00 The post office will trace the serial #. My money, their MO and the buyer pays for their insufficient service. Next time someone asks for a money order they either get a check or I will walk on the transaction.
I have used a Postal MO on a couple of transactions, no problems on the PO end.

Asked about shipping / tracking # on 1 transaction, they claimed no payment. Went to PO, inquired the MO, she types S/N into computer, up pops date / time / location of being cashed. Printed it out. I took a pic and send to seller, informed him, I was turning it over to Postal as fraud. I had a tracking number within the hour. He sent it PRIORITY service.

Our carrier now, isn't perfect, but does her job. The issues are small and few.
Main peeves; with flag up (indicating outgoing mail), if we don't have a delivery she doesn't stop. When delivering a package, she sets on porch swing and leaves. A courtesy knock would be appreciated. She claims, "when she knocked (once) the dog (chihuahua) barked and scared her." Dog was never out, when she was around.

UPS and FedEx set packages on drive, in front of garage door, at roof drilling WHEN IT'S RAINING.

It's not like we actually pay for service.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now, it's FedEx. Haven't had an issue with them for a while. I have a package that's arrived in Hutchins, TX (DFW area) at 9:56PM on the 17th. Tracking said it departed Hutchins at 2:56AM on the 19th. So far it's taken 30+ hours to make a 3 hour drive to OKC.

Tracking now says it's 'Delayed'. No s***...

It seems, for whatever reason, we experience a higher than average non-delivered/mis-delivered/lost package ratio than the industry average. We do order a lot of things from online sources.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do order a lot of things from online sources.

With the intentional release of the Gates biohazard, the number of idiots on the road, price of gas, and living 45 minutes from town; online shopping has gone from maybe once a year, to a weekly, if not daily occurrence. The avoidance of people keeps getting more desirable the older I get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom